Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Tomorrow night opponent is just as hot as the Yotes we played tonight.

Colorado looking like a serious playoff team, just b-slapped the Blusers back to "Oh yeah, we arwnt a playoff team.anymore" land to tonight...

At least we will both be playing BTBs...

Has any hockey executive's fortunes changed more than Joe Sakic's in the last 4 months?

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
he can thank mackinnon. i remember when we thought we had a chance to draft him. but of course the defenseman "fell" into our laps.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
he can thank mackinnon. i remember when we thought we had a chance to draft him. but of course the defenseman "fell" into our laps.

I don't think anyone thought we'd get MacKinnon. Plenty of us thought we would get Barkov or maybe Drouin.

It' an interesting thought experiment to wonder what our team would be like with Barkov(And obviously no RyJo)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I don't think anyone thought we'd get MacKinnon. Plenty of us thought we would get Barkov or maybe Drouin.

It' an interesting thought experiment to wonder what our team would be like with Barkov(And obviously no RyJo)
i thought people said avs may draft jones and Tampa loved drouin. but yeah even barkov

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Jones was the consensus #1 most of the season until late. For whatever reason several of those teams in front of us passed on Jones even though they needed D pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, those guys have generally worked out, but several of them still need a D of Jones caliber.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Ottawa scores late and leads Dallas with 3min to go. Sens becoming quite the spoilers.

As much as I enjoy Dallas losing I don't want to open the door for Anaheim to wind up in WC2... that would be a hell of a reward for winning the division

Edit...Ok so Dallas tied the game rather quickly..

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
It is still to early to know who is going to get the wild card spots. It keeps changing daily as they are all so close. The 3rd spot in the central isn't even decided yet.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
vegas is starting to falter. they could wind up being an easy first round match up for WC1.
Something I've said several times this year, I wondered how they would do once the rest of the league jumped the effort up a notch trying to get into the playoffs. They are a solid team, but they aren't going to win games just because they were running in a higher gear. Also gotta wonder how some of those guys are handling playing much larger roles and far more minutes than they might have with their former teams.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Not to be all Jetsy(which is a fine new adjective btw), but have you checked the Vegas injury list?

They have 7 guys on IR.

If they get all (or most) of them.back before the playoffs, they will be formidable

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
vegas is starting to falter. they could wind up being an easy first round match up for WC1.

Don’t look now but San Jose is now just 6 points behind Vegas. (Vegas does have a game in hand).

And they have two more games left. If San Jose wins both things will get very interesting.

Crazy how quickly things have changed-

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
LA up 1-0 over Winnipeg. Toronto up 3-1 over Lightning. Can they hold this lead or will they falter like Minny did?

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Lightning scored. It's 3-2 now w/ alot of time still on the clock. Wish I could put my faith in Toronto holding the lead but don't have much faith that they can.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Watching the Toronto/Tampa Bay score right now must be like a Tampa, Winnipeg, etc. fan watching our games.

Preds down 3-0 it's gonna be a good night.

Looks later...

@#$@#

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Watching the Toronto/Tampa Bay score right now must be like a Tampa, Winnipeg, etc. fan watching our games.

Preds down 3-0 it's gonna be a good night.

Looks later...

@#$@#

I know.....lol.....probably why I don't watch other teams' games much but w/ there being so much down time I have been lately.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
It's now tied for both games. 1-1 Winnipeg game. 3-3 Lightning game. Incoming disappointment coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad