Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think anyone was implying that you still couldn't lose a game to St. Louis, we were talking more long term. They either need to do some serious trading to get better or do some selling cause it ain't looking good.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I don't think anyone was implying that you still couldn't lose a game to St. Louis, we were talking more long term. They either need to do some serious trading to get better or do some selling cause it ain't looking good.
I considered that but I'm very superstitious. Cockiness and flippant remarks will flat tick off the hockey gods. See "catfish flung on opposing team's ice in the SC Final round" and "glowing remarks about player result in terrible play next game".

Go Preds!

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I saw that three games were tied late in the 3rd tonight, so I decided to switch them on and watch some OT. First, I start watching Pittsburgh-Florida. Within about 45 seconds Florida scores a goal and hangs on to win. I then switched over to Boston-Toronto, but by the time I got there Toronto had also managed to score a goal. That goal was clear-as-day goaltender interference, but somehow it gets called good and Toronto wins. I finally actually get to watch some OT in the Tampa-Montreal game. As a side not, Pacioretty had a hilariously bad breakaway attempt that game.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Viqsi, I think I have your phone.

omFJhqZ.png

Reactions: Adz

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Reaves losing his mind for Vegas. Took a boarding penalty with about 7 minutes to go trailing 3-1, and just took another for a cheap shot on Doughty with 3 min to go.

Hopefully he's the turd in the punch bowl that destroys their team chemistry...

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Reaves losing his mind for Vegas. Took a boarding penalty with about 7 minutes to go trailing 3-1, and just took another for a cheap shot on Doughty with 3 min to go.

Hopefully he's the turd in the punch bowl that destroys their team chemistry...
i kinda hope LV does well, and can see why they picked Reeves up. i am against dirty plays and trying to hurt other players, so i think he is an ass for doing that. but still, i kinda support the team with it's, 'lunchpail over superstar' approach.

Yukon Cornellis

aka Phoneguy
Mar 27, 2010
Hendersonville, TN
i kinda hope LV does well, and can see why they picked Reeves up. i am against dirty plays and trying to hurt other players, so i think he is an ass for doing that. but still, i kinda support the team with it's, 'lunchpail over superstar' approach.
I know why the NHL set them up for success - you pay that much of an expansion fee for a team, you probably shouldn't get the dregs of the league - but it still chaps me a little bit, especially with how the Predators had to struggle initially. As such, can't pull for 'em. Hope they get swept in the first round.

Reactions: Drake744

NightowlPred

Apr 7, 2017
I‘ll allow them to sweep the ducks before failing misserably to whoever else puls out of the pacific.

If they don‘t face the ducks... yeah get swept for all I care.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
What a weird (and complete crap) schedule tonight in the NHL- 5 games and 9 of the 10 teams playing are non playoff teams- Tampa the only playoff team.

Speaking of Tampa, they lost in OT- we are 3 back of them with 2 games in hand- the #1 spot is there for the taking

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
I don't even pretend to know who's gonna get the 7th and 8th playoff spots here with 20 games to go. we have 7 teams all within 4 points of each other in this confused 2nd/3rd Pacific and 7th/8th playoff spot race. and of course even the top 3 in the central is still far from settled.

going to be a mighty tense finish for all these teams. and as always you just assume the 7th and 8th place winners are teams entering the playoffs that have been playing 'playoff style' games for a month to just make it in. this is why you see so many first round upsets, the lower ranking team coming in has typically been having to play high pressure games for so long while the higher seeded team hasn't been. don't overlook the fact that that very thing helped us last year.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hopefully the fact that we are jockeying for a 1 seed will continue to keep the Preds interested up until the end.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I would like to think that Chicago had a complacency that we wouldn't have because we haven't won three cups, and because we saw what we did to them last year and presumably we will be the high seed this time.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't even pretend to know who's gonna get the 7th and 8th playoff spots here with 20 games to go. we have 7 teams all within 4 points of each other in this confused 2nd/3rd Pacific and 7th/8th playoff spot race. and of course even the top 3 in the central is still far from settled.

going to be a mighty tense finish for all these teams. and as always you just assume the 7th and 8th place winners are teams entering the playoffs that have been playing 'playoff style' games for a month to just make it in. this is why you see so many first round upsets, the lower ranking team coming in has typically been having to play high pressure games for so long while the higher seeded team hasn't been. don't overlook the fact that that very thing helped us last year.

I think the 8 teams who are in the playoffs now in the West will be the 8 when the season ends. I do not see STL, CGY, or COL moving ahead of any of the current 8. If any of them do it would probably be Calgary, but they are really trending down.

If that happens then the two wild card teams will be Dallas and one of SJ/LA/ANA. I think Anaheim has a good chance of moving up and finishing top 3, which would leave SJ or LA as the wild card.

If all of that happens, and we do go on and win the division, we will have a 50/50 chance of having to go West for round 1.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Anybody see that Bergevin ask for Pacioretty? The guy's gone completely bonkers! Toffoli+Vilardi+1st from LAK. Trocheck from FLA? Kings equivalent from us would probably be Fiala+Tolvanen+1st. Absolute madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad