Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Our situation in the standings is looking much better now. 9 points ahead of the Stars and Blues, and we still have 2 games in hand on the Blues. Only 1 point behind Vegas for the conference lead.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Our situation in the standings is looking much better now. 9 points ahead of the Stars and Blues, and we still have 2 games in hand on the Blues. Only 1 point behind Vegas for the conference lead.

Yeah, and the Blues are going in reverse and the Stars are kind of in neutral, and there really just aren't enough games left for either of them to make up that kind of ground.

I think there is a chance the Blues fall right on out if the playoffs... gonna be really interesting to see what they do at the deadline.

As for the Jets, we have three games left with them, so the division title should get settled head to head. Sure hipe we can seize the opportunity, because we would really be in much better shape with home ice if we have to face them in the playoffs(Vegas too for that matter)

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
They are still a point behind Dallas

Yeah Dallas played later and moved back up. Main point being, the Blues appear to be dead in the water. They are now clinging to WC2 by a fingernail. Playoffs may not have 5 Central teams after all.

Reactions: myFialabot

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Still a lot of time left lots can happen. Blues will most certainly get help at the deadline.

I am not so sure on the Blues- they are in some trouble.

Are 0-3-1 in last 4, have dropped to 5th in the division and are just 1 point ahead of #9 LA in the wild card race.

I am not sure even their own fans or management think they are a true contender right now.

And look at their upcoming schedule:

Winnipeg
@ Nashville
@ Minnesota
Detroit
@ Dallas
@ San Jose
@ LA
@ Anaheim

That is BRUTAL with a capital B. Will be interesting to see where they stand after that stretch…..

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Blues getting pounded by the Jets. Allen in net for the Blues. My prediction is that by the time we play them Sunday they will be out of a playoffs spot..

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Watching Vegas tonight and they are at it again- 4 goals in a little over a period.

Karlsson has 2 goals and now has 33 goals on the year.

I will say it again, Vegas (and Karlsson) is one of the most fascinating things I have ever seen in sports. None of it makes any sense whatsoever.

Saw a note tonight that Karlsson has 33 goals in 61 games this year. In his last 5 years combined which include the minors, he scored 28 goals in 244 games. He has never, ever come anywhere close to scoring at this level anywhere in his career. MAKES NO SENSE.

One of the most interesting things I am looking forward to is seeing how Karlsson and Vegas do next year. I may be stubborn here but I still say they are going to be in for a major regression. Almost everyone on their roster is having a career year. Karlsson has a shooting % that is completely ridiculous (and unsustainable). I still say they are just having "one of those years" that you often see teams have one season, then drop off the next..

Can't wait to see what happens with them next year.....

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Watching Vegas tonight and they are at it again- 4 goals in a little over a period.

Karlsson has 2 goals and now has 33 goals on the year.

I will say it again, Vegas (and Karlsson) is one of the most fascinating things I have ever seen in sports. None of it makes any sense whatsoever.

Saw a note tonight that Karlsson has 33 goals in 61 games this year. In his last 5 years combined which include the minors, he scored 28 goals in 244 games. He has never, ever come anywhere close to scoring at this level anywhere in his career. MAKES NO SENSE.

One of the most interesting things I am looking forward to is seeing how Karlsson and Vegas do next year. I may be stubborn here but I still say they are going to be in for a major regression. Almost everyone on their roster is having a career year. Karlsson has a shooting % that is completely ridiculous (and unsustainable). I still say they are just having "one of those years" that you often see teams have one season, then drop off the next..

Can't wait to see what happens with them next year.....
Looking forward to them getting bounced in the first round. Hope it's capped off with Reaves taking a dumbass penalty at a critical juncture like he did last year.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Blues may be done, looking like the Hutton magic ran out and now they are stuck with two meh goalies.

Blues fans in their GDT the last time we played them were all about how they would be kicking our asses in two years... I'm thinking unless they have a really good goalie prospect that comes on soon, that will be a no..

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
They may be down but we can't just assume a win, EVER. They have players who are too good on the team. They can score. We've been known to go cold. Preds must tap into the offensive side of their game like they have in the last 2 games or the Blues may eke out a win. I definitely don't see it being a 2-1 game.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Agreed Adzy nothing is ever a given especially against an archrival...

That said, there is some serious dejection on the Blues board now.. compounded by the fact that even if they miss the playoffs, they owe Philly their 1st rounder this summer(unless it ends up being a top 10 pick)... talk about a double whammy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad