Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
when we traded weber for subban, i realized poile will do anything he thinks improves our team. your point is valid but it still could happen.

I understand what you're saying I just don't see Duchene signing here for a LOT less than market and I dot see us having the cap space to pay another center 6mil or more when we will have Ellis and Josi to sign soon as well

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I understand what you're saying I just don't see Duchene signing here for a LOT less than market and I dot see us having the cap space to pay another center 6mil or more when we will have Ellis and Josi to sign soon as well
as much as the cap was reported to possibly go up recently, duchene could happen if he stays around 45-50 points. pay him 5 million a year. ellis could very possibly go to "greener pastures" as he is gonna want to get paid I imagine as he is on a sweetheart deal of sorts now. i don't think we really need duchene anymore so i don't even see why i said anything. i talk too much.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i didn't like the thought of bonino as our second line center, thinking of him as a slight downgrade to fisher. however as a third line center i think he fits perfectly into our lineup. it's the same we said about fisher for years, he would have made the ideal third line center, but our weakness at center caused us to play him up one or two lines constantly.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I don't often look at the league wide standings but geez the disparity between the two divisions in the eastern conference is striking. Pittsburgh is currently 6th in the Metro with 27 points, which would make them third in the Atlantic. I'd love for those standings to hold (they won't of course) because that would leave the Pens home for the playoffs.

Reactions: Viqsi

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
And just last night beat St. Louis with that depleted roster that was just upgraded. Saturday will be a significant challenge.

In today's NHL, that describes pretty much every game on the schedule. No game is easy and we could certainly lose. I bet you the Blues thought they had an easy W so hopefully that game will help us to not do the same thing.

But this is still a good time to catch the Ducks- still missing a ton of guys and it is another case where we get a team on the back end of a back to back (and it will be their 3rd game in 4 nights).

But again, no game is easy and every game is losable, including this one....

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
In today's NHL, that describes pretty much every game on the schedule. No game is easy and we could certainly lose. I bet you the Blues thought they had an easy W so hopefully that game will help us to not do the same thing.

But this is still a good time to catch the Ducks- still missing a ton of guys and it is another case where we get a team on the back end of a back to back (and it will be their 3rd game in 4 nights).

But again, no game is easy and every game is losable, including this one....

This seems to be a problem with alot of teams. Playing down to the competition and getting caught looking like fools.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This seems to be a problem with alot of teams. Playing down to the competition and getting caught looking like fools.

I am hoping that the Ducks injuries cause them to miss the playoffs, because if they get healthy and get in they will once again be a tough out. With Henrique they will have great center depth- IF they get healthy...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I am hoping that the Ducks injuries cause them to miss the playoffs, because if they get healthy and get in they will once again be a tough out. With Henrique they will have great center depth- IF they get healthy...
All these injuries are setting up Vegas to make the playoffs.

Another one today for one of their division rivals.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
All these injuries are setting up Vegas to make the playoffs.

Another one today for one of their division rivals.

I have been on here saying from day 1 that there is no way Vegas makes the playoffs. ZERO chance.

I will admit that they are doing their best to make me look like a complete fool. What they have done so far is absolutely unbelievable. They are definitely taking advantage of the Pacific division being a hot mess.

But that's my story and I am sticking to it. I still say they are going to hit the wall at some point and absolutely will not make it.

But they are definitely making me lose a little confidence in my stance....

Reactions: Viqsi

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
That Ducks lineup when they get everyone healthy is really scary. Best in the league from top to bottom IMO:

Rakell - Getzlaf - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Ritchie - Henrique - Kase
Roy - Vermette - Wagner

Lindholm - Montour
Fowler - Manson
Beauchamin - Bieksa

Gibson
Miller

If only they had Eaves as well.. they won't stumble on the same problem as last year because Miller is a really good backup.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That Ducks lineup when they get everyone healthy is really scary. Best in the league from top to bottom IMO:

Rakell - Getzlaf - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Ritchie - Henrique - Kase
Roy - Vermette - Wagner

Lindholm - Montour
Fowler - Manson
Beauchamin - Bieksa

Gibson
Miller

If only they had Eaves as well.. they won't stumble on the same problem as last year because Miller is a really good backup.

I don't know about best in the league but it is strong for sure. And that is why I hope they don't make the playoffs (I don't think that will happen though).

I always like to play this hypothetical game when comparing teams. If you could snap your fingers and make it so, would you rather have their roster or ours? Taking out all of the emotional ties. If your life depending on your team winning a Cup this year, would you take that Ducks roster or ours when fully healthly (with Ellis)??

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I don't know about best in the league but it is strong for sure. And that is why I hope they don't make the playoffs (I don't think that will happen though).

I always like to play this hypothetical game when comparing teams. If you could snap your fingers and make it so, would you rather have their roster or ours? Taking out all of the emotional ties. If your life depending on your team winning a Cup this year, would you take that Ducks roster or ours when fully healthly (with Ellis)??
I honestly do think overall, that roster is better than this Predators roster, having said that, the best team doesn't always win and luck plays a huge part in all outcomes.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I honestly do think overall, that roster is better than this Predators roster, having said that, the best team doesn't always win and luck plays a huge part in all outcomes.
They were definitely the better team in the last 2 games of the WCF but that didn't help them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad