Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Colin Wilson with a power play assist over in Sweden. Girard had 7 minutes in the first period and worked with the Avs top power play unit He was on the ice for the second Ottawa goal, but the fault was more on his partner Barrie than him. He wasn't very noticeable either good or bad.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Wish we could have kept him but we had a bigger hole in 2C and you have to give to get. He just wouldn't have had a top 4 role on the preds and he'll have a much better opportunity in Colorado

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I don't think he looked particularly great, but same as when he was here, he didn't look out of place at all and that's quite an accomplishment for an extremely undersized 19 year old. He did make a nice play on the second goal along with a couple of other nice plays and of course made a few mistakes, but that's the case with any rookie, especially on defense. I think he'll top out as a nice 2nd pairing D-man that can definitely put up some points. Sad to see him go, but that's a trade you make 10 times out of 10 to me.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I saw some stuff about him wanting to go back to Russia, or threatening to go back. Wonder if he told the Preds he'd leave soon if he didn't get a chance in the NHL?

Found it:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I saw some stuff about him wanting to go back to Russia, or threatening to go back. Wonder if he told the Preds he'd leave soon if he didn't get a chance in the NHL?

Found it:

In retrospect Im surprised we didn't hear more of this when Kamanev not only didn't make the roster out of camp and then wasn't called up when Bonino went down

Reactions: Scoresberg

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Jake Allen got lit up for 6 goals tonight... wouldn't mind at all if he got his head rattled again for a while like he did last year

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I saw some of the Avs game and their broadcast team was slobbering over Girard all game long. It was deserved, too, because he was even better than he was for the Preds, if you can believe it. The Avs actually had him quarterbacking their powerplay all night and, not just that; they appeared to be using a 1-4 formation, with the 19-year-old as their only defenseman on the ice, and he was handling it like he was Subban. He had only one point on the night, but another point was taken away by a coach's challenge and he missed out on another by being the 3rd assist on a fast goal.

Last edited:

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Seems like Weber has been having a good season so far in Montreal, but having Jordie Benn as your partner seems like a step down from Josi, Suter, and even Markov. Wasn't Benn a 6/7th d-man on Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad