Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I don't follow the eastern teams at all but at one point wasn't Henrique a big up and coming player? Or did Hischer make him expendable?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I don't follow the eastern teams at all but at one point wasn't Henrique a big up and coming player? Or did Hischer make him expendable?
he wasn't all that. he wasn't part of NJ future. not that great move of a move by ANA. henrique was good for 45-50 points a year. was good during their cup run.

vatanen is a good defenseman and that has to weaken ANA on the back end a little bit. their defense is still solid but we haven't had problems scoring on them and i don't see why we wouldn't going forward. Anaheim was a team that could win the cup before and after this move.

when we get ellis back, i feel confident against anyone. except maybe Tampa bay but it would be a good matchup. don't really miss hartnell as we have been on fire since his absence.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I honestly do think overall, that roster is better than this Predators roster, having said that, the best team doesn't always win and luck plays a huge part in all outcomes.

It is close but I would not take their roster over ours. Heck, we have knocked them out of the playoffs two years in a row with teams that are not as good as we are now.

That "what if" scenario I mentioned above it also a fun game to play not just looking at one team, but the entire league. Just looking at the next 2 years- this year and next. Your life depends on winning a cup. How many teams rosters would you take over the Preds? I would have to think about that but I do know it would be a pretty short list. There aren't many.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
It is close but I would not take their roster over ours. Heck, we have knocked them out of the playoffs two years in a row with teams that are not as good as we are now.

That "what if" scenario I mentioned above it also a fun game to play not just looking at one team, but the entire league. Just looking at the next 2 years- this year and next. Your life depends on winning a cup. How many teams rosters would you take over the Preds? I would have to think about that but I do know it would be a pretty short list. There aren't many.
Neither roster is the same. That roster by them is stronger than what we faced overall. Their D is slightly worse but today they upgraded much like we did a few weeks ago.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Of course Vegas has to start crapping the bed NOW- 3 straight losses vs Central Division teams.

On the plus side, Blues lose their 2nd straight home game...

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The Jets are leading the division and the conference....

I was worried about them going into this season. Time will tell but I think they are legit- will be a contender for the division title.

But so are we- If we win tonight we will be 1 point behind them

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Schadenfreude isn't the most noble thing but damn it's fun watching the Blackhawks circling the drain of mediocrity.

I think I'm finally able to stop having alternate universe daydreams of what would have become of both our franchises had the Preds gone ahead and won the series in 2010...

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Still, I'm sticking to my opinion that Colorado and Chicago are the teams in Central that are gonna miss the playoffs.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Still, I'm sticking to my opinion that Colorado and Chicago are the teams in Central that are gonna miss the playoffs.

Colorado is a given but it certainly looks like it may come down to Chicago or Minnesota

But long way to go- Chicago looks very vulnerable right now but I'll still believe them missing playoffs when I see it

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Dubnyk out week-to-week with a lower body injury.

We have two games back to back against Minny late this month.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Holy cow just looked at the Eastern standings... Gotta wonder if Housley isn't wishing he'd stayed in Nashville another year until a better job came open...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Holy cow just looked at the Eastern standings... Gotta wonder if Housley isn't wishing he'd stayed in Nashville another year until a better job came open...
I think half of the reason he took that one was his connection to Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad