Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The Blues look quite good right now. We are going to have a battle with them on Friday. The Oilers, yeesh, that is a whole lot of talent going nowhere.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
If they hadn't already been anointed The Next Great Team I might feel a little pity for the Oilers. They are screwed unless Talbot can get his head back on straight. WI'll be interesting to see how long they let this go without making a move for another netminder

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If they hadn't already been anointed The Next Great Team I might feel a little pity for the Oilers. They are screwed unless Talbot can get his head back on straight. WI'll be interesting to see how long they let this go without making a move for another netminder

It's not just Talbot though- they are a complete train wreck in almost every area. Offense near the bottom of the entire league....

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I agree, it's not just Talbot. For example, last night, Larsen had a terrible turnover behind his net that led to a goal. The bench shots showed a team confused and demoralized. A better tender might stabilize things but there is a lot that needs to be fixed.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
From what I saw Last night the issue was the team. They lose every buck battle, they are slow to the puck, and frankly it looks like they have zero fire.

Really makes you wonder if they don't like the coach or something.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The teams in playoff spots at American Thanksgiving are highly likely to be in the playoffs in April. Only 3 Central teams currently in the mix, the rest are Pacific teams. Should be an interesting rest of the season.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The teams in playoff spots at American Thanksgiving are highly likely to be in the playoffs in April. Only 3 Central teams currently in the mix, the rest are Pacific teams. Should be an interesting rest of the season.
Well that last WC spot is a 4 way tie with SJ apparently holding the tiebreaker. The other 3 teams are all Central division teams.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
saros has lost the title of worst goal of the season. darling against New York last night was absolutely awful.

loyeks

Nov 11, 2017
Whoa. Watching Pens and Bruins. Ref is blowing the whistle as Crosby pokes the puck in off Boston’s goalie’s gut. On review the league rules it’s a goal.

Pierre and Milbury were expecting it to be waved off. Milbury thinks he heard the whistle before the puck went in. Pierre references “as we learned from the playoffs last year”. I cannot wait to see if they have the explanation from the league during intermission.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist but this is one thing that drives me nuts about NHL officiating. I don’t expect to agree with every call but I want consistency- especially after the play is reviewed by Toronto.

EXPLANATION UNSATISFACTORY. I don’t care about Boston so I feel it is unbiased to say the explanation was BS.

loyeks

Nov 11, 2017
What was the explanation?
It was along the line of the puck was already going into the net when the whistle was blown. “Video review determined that the puck was entering the net as the referee was blowing his whistle,”

After it was called a good goal, Boston challenged that there was goaltender interference. That review concluded both Crosby and the Boston defender made contact and therefore goaltender interference wasn’t applicable.

Bruins On Wrong End Of Questionable Sidney Crosby Goal Ruling Vs. Penguins

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
And they are in a complete tailspin- lost 5 in a row.

I didn't understand that trade at all for them. Trade Turris, a prospect you just drafted in the 1st round and another 1st round pick for at best a slight upgrade at center and to push the free agency of said player one year down the road?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I didn't understand that trade at all for them. Trade Turris, a prospect you just drafted in the 1st round and another 1st round pick for at best a slight upgrade at center and to push the free agency of said player one year down the road?

It never made sense. They basically made that trade because they didn't want to pay Turris.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
He'd have to sign as a 3c for about 4 a year. And have us trade Bonino.

That's ship has sailed.
when we traded weber for subban, i realized poile will do anything he thinks improves our team. your point is valid but it still could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad