Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Vegas wins again..... I have been saying all season that there is no way they will make the playoffs this year, but I am finally giving up on that. I still think they will hit a wall at some point, but they are piling up so many points that they will have to really fall apart now.

What they are doing is nothing short of incredible.....

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I still think it will be short lived though. Those guys have been working hard because they are using the unwanted thing, they won't really have that next season.

They also got really lucky that Anaheim has been decimated by injuries, San Jose is just overall worse, and Edmonton hasn't lived up to expectations.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Vegas wins again..... I have been saying all season that there is no way they will make the playoffs this year, but I am finally giving up on that. I still think they will hit a wall at some point, but they are piling up so many points that they will have to really fall apart now.

thought the same thing when I looked at the standings tonight. they are going to make it, easily.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Jets look like they lost Schiefele last night. Speculation is shoulder and may be an extended injury. That has to put a big dent in their season.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Someone better bring a bucket of KFC to Jobu to keep the injury bug away from our top players. We have been relatively lucky regarding injuries so far.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

And Vegas wins again- they beat Anaheim and LA on back to back nights.

I swear this whole Vegas season feels like were are all just watching a Disney movie with everything scripted....

Unreal

Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
And Vegas wins again- they beat Anaheim and LA on back to back nights.

I swear this whole Vegas season feels like were are all just watching a Disney movie with everything scripted....

Unreal
Stanley Cup Champs, Book it! :laugh:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Watching the Flyers-Blues game.. man is Voracek good. I think the most underrated player in the league.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Finally had a minute to look at all the standings across the league....

Aside from the obvious shocker of Vegas, some of the more surprising things I notice are, in no particular order:

Colorado hanging around, and not just hanging around but ahead of Chicago and Minnesota. Sakic not looking wrong for not totally blowing up the team this summer.

New Jersey thriving in the ultracompetitive Metro. And Pittsburgh sitting EIGHTH in the Metro.

Habs and Ottawa both just awful.

And Edmonton is out of it. And pretty much has been the while season.

Trade deadline is gonna be off the chain...

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Finally had a minute to look at all the standings across the league....

Aside from the obvious shocker of Vegas, some of the more surprising things I notice are, in no particular order:

Colorado hanging around, and not just hanging around but ahead of Chicago and Minnesota. Sakic not looking wrong for not totally blowing up the team this summer.

New Jersey thriving in the ultracompetitive Metro. And Pittsburgh sitting EIGHTH in the Metro.

Habs and Ottawa both just awful.

And Edmonton is out of it. And pretty much has been the while season.

Trade deadline is gonna be off the chain...

It will be off the chain if Pitt trades Malkin, Ottawa is gonna blow up, they have too. They lose their 1st if they get a pick above 10th. Habs, don't ask me. If they were an American city, they would be a superfund site and Bergevien would be arrested for treason Edmonton, see Montreal. Chicago in the basement give me glee.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Looking at the Boston-Pittsburgh goal fest made me look up Matt Murray's stats for the year (he didn't start tonight but is now on after Jarry gave up 5).

I can't decide whether to enjoy the schedenfreude or curse the hockey gods for the fact that he is proving to be very pedestrian barely even borderline starter material after two amazing playoff runs

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
ESPN wrote an article about their proposed divisional realignment. Now, their plan is pretty terrible, what with them moving the Preds to the Eastern Conference and all, but it did include this interesting tidbit:

I shared my list around the Blackhawks locker room recently, and when Patrick Kane got a look of it, he immediately noticed one thing: "We're not with the Predators anymore," Kane said, genuinely disappointed. "That has become a really good rivalry."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad