Around the NHL VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Strange, how perhaps the two best defenses on paper in the league (us and Calgary)

Um. Remember how we used to raise the point that we had the best defense here because we had top-pairing-capable blueliners on every pairing?

We can't do that anymore. But some other teams can.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just noticed that the Capitals went 0-3-0 on their California trip with a minus 7 goal differential. Makes our 4 points (1-0-2) look pretty darn good by comparison.

Capitals have now lost 4 straight games- they host Minnesota tomorrow and I really hope they win that one. We are in Washington Friday and I would rather not face them when they are trying to break a 5 game losing streak.

Big game tonight- Blues at Kings. That game will help us regardless of who wins- as long as it does not go to OT. (Which knowing our luck it probably will)

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Capitals have now lost 4 straight games- they host Minnesota tomorrow and I really hope they win that one. We are in Washington Friday and I would rather not face them when they are trying to break a 5 game losing streak.

Preds play Washington on Thursday.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'll be at the game vs WSH on Thursday! Live a couple miles from the Verizon Center.

My sister and niece will be there, too. I was supposed to go but life (and job) got in the way. They'll be sitting in the SAIC box/suite wearing their Preds jerseys, niece has an Ortmeyer so if you see her walking around tell her hello. I doubt seriously there would ever be 2 in the same building--ha! I told sis to be sure to cheer loudly for Forsberg. ;-)

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
had not paid attention but look out for Tampa in the East. Stamkos isn't even back yet is he? And they look ready to blow by Toronto and the Isles. If they get Stamkos back and get the WC2 spot, you gotta feel bad for Trotz and the Caps

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
What an incredible ending to the LA/AZ game! :amazed::popcorn:

LA got a PP with about 2 minutes to play in the 3rd pd of a 1-1 game. They of course scored. Then AZ has the goalie pulled and Drew Doughty whips the puck from his goal line towards the empty net, it's heading right in and all of a sudden it skips and goes wide for the icing call. AZ takes their TO and draws up a play and they score! Max Domi is there at the side of the net to put the rebound into a wide open net.

Go to OT, it's amazing. Back and forth. All kinds of chances and great saves. AZ even had a PP for the last ~30 seconds of OT. This type of OT makes me like 3on3!

Goes to a shootout and after 11 rounds, AZ wins it!

AZ may not be in the playoff picture, but if they keep playing like this they are sure going to have an effect on seeding and maybe who gets in. They're not going to be the cupcake people think they will be.

So, LA gets a point, but one is better than them getting 2.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

LA got a PP with about 2 minutes to play in the 3rd pd of a 1-1 game. They of course scored. Then AZ has the goalie pulled and Drew Doughty whips the puck from his goal line towards the empty net, it's heading right in and all of a sudden it skips and goes wide for the icing call. AZ takes their TO and draws up a play and they score! Max Domi is there at the side of the net to put the rebound into a wide open net.

Go to OT, it's amazing. Back and forth. All kinds of chances and great saves. AZ even had a PP for the last ~30 seconds of OT. This type of OT makes me like 3on3!

AZ may not be in the playoff picture, but if they keep playing like this they are sure going to have an effect on seeding and maybe who gets in. They're not going to be the cupcake people think they will be.

Fake news. All teams behind us are supposed to win all their games because we're probably screwed and will miss the playoffs.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Yep- I watched that, too. When LA scored with 2 minutes left I almost turned it off- glad I didn't.

That OT was incredible- one of the saves Bishop made was unbelievable.

Comment on the shootout- I actually found it to be boring after awhile. It is probably never going to happen, but I wish they would go to 10 minute 3 on 3 and just scrap the shootout. There are times when I will actually turn a game off after the OT when it goes to a shootout. It is just not that exciting anymore.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
My sister and niece will be there, too. I was supposed to go but life (and job) got in the way. They'll be sitting in the SAIC box/suite wearing their Preds jerseys, niece has an Ortmeyer so if you see her walking around tell her hello. I doubt seriously there would ever be 2 in the same building--ha! I told sis to be sure to cheer loudly for Forsberg. ;-)

Nice! I'll be there in my 07 Weber jersey; there may be other Weber's there, but 2007 vintage probably unlikely.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Didn't somebody say to watch out for Tampa Bay? Tronna is currently ragdolling them all over the place.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
had not paid attention but look out for Tampa in the East. Stamkos isn't even back yet is he? And they look ready to blow by Toronto and the Isles. If they get Stamkos back and get the WC2 spot, you gotta feel bad for Trotz and the Caps

No ****? I thought it was Byrd..

He may have but I did too. Really surprised. The most important game of the year and they looked like we did in game 7 vs the sharks

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Looks like no help from San Jose or Buffalo tonight, but keep this up and it won't matter anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad