Around the NHL VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Both good teams; I'd prefer ANA, but I'm fine with LA at this point. I freaked out about the possibility ~10 games back, but now I want the opportunity to upset a favorite. We're likely not winning the Cup and I'd love for someone to say "those Perds are dangerous in the playoffs actually...they knocked off LA last year" instead of "lolperds...never been past 2nd round."

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
In theory, Anaheim can still win the division, they have an extra game in hand. Far from over. Either team will be a serious challenge, but we can do it if we play the games of our lives. Neither team is likely to give up easy goals and both teams are big n mean.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
wish I could find the thread where I said back in September 90 points would get you in and was flamed for it. Now it won't even be that high.

I almost feel bad for those 3 teams in the east going down to the end for 2 spots, when they all are clearly better than the Mild.....

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
In theory, Anaheim can still win the division, they have an extra game in hand. Far from over. Either team will be a serious challenge, but we can do it if we play the games of our lives. Neither team is likely to give up easy goals and both teams are big n mean.

The only way its not over is if Winnipeg beats the Kings in LA- I highly doubt that happens but you never know.

As far as facing LA, would you rather face them or St Louis? Because that is who we would likely have faced if we had passed Chicago.

I would rather face either LA or Anaheim over St Louis.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
moved from the other thread

Blues still need our help to win the division... And for that reason alone I wouldn't mind losing Saturday... would rather see the Blues and Hawks beat each other up in round 1. Would rather get that result by us beating Dallas and the Blues losing to the Caps, though

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
wish I could find the thread where I said back in September 90 points would get you in and was flamed for it. Now it won't even be that high.

yeah when we were struggling in December people were doing the math for us to get back in the race with an assumption that it would take at least 95 to make it.... boy did that turn out wrong

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Pros and cons about the Ducks and the Kings:

Kings

Pros:

-Not Anaheim's special teams
-Worse depth than ANA (especially in D)
-Hasn't played as well lately as ANA
-Slow, heavy defense
-Quick hasn't been at his best
-Better matchup for us than ANA

Cons:

-Winning culture
-Experience
-Big, physical team ideally built for the playoffs
-Quick's ability to catch on fire and steal the series
-World's best center (beast in the playoffs)
-One of the best D's in the world, plays 30 min/night
-Better depth upfront than us

Ducks

Pros:

-Not as experienced as LA, don't have that same winning culture
-Injury plagued right now
-Getzlaf and Perry easily rattled
-No elite talent in the crease, unlike LA
-They don't have their "Doughty"
-Unproven playoff coach

Cons:

-1st in the league on PP and on the PK
-Best team in the league since Christmas
-Perry and Getzlaf, if they're feeling it, are beasts in the playoffs
-Could be coming lots of help from the injury front
-Crazy depth in both offense and defense
-Worse matchup for us
-If we chase their other goalie, it may not help us since they have one of the best goalie tandems in the league

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Blues still need our help to win the division... And for that reason alone I wouldn't mind losing Saturday... would rather see the Blues and Hawks beat each other up in round 1. Would rather get that result by us beating Dallas and the Blues losing to the Caps, though

Can't believe I am saying this, but I kind of agree- I also want to see St Louis and Chicago beat each other up. Although I do think the Blues are going to knock the Hawks out if that happens.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
yesterday on nhlnetwork radio on xm, they were previewing all the games for the day and when talking about the LAK/ANA matchup they paused and said "one of these teams will get nashville in the first round....not quite a reward for being first place"

They went on to say that it could be one of the tougher matchups for top seeded teams.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Ducks haven't lost all year when leading after 2 (a few teams have done this this season). Impressive.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Pros and cons about the Ducks and the Kings:

Kings

Cons:

-Winning culture How did they do in the playoffs last year with most of this team
-Experience
-Quick's ability to catch on fire and steal the series insert any teams goalie here)
-World's best center (beast in the playoffs) Utter nonsense. Great player but I can think of quite a few guys I would take before him
-One of the best D's in the world, plays 30 min/night
-Better depth upfront than us if 24 and 28 are in the lineup, yes.

Ducks

Pros:

-Not as experienced as LA, don't have that same winning culture west finals last year, lost game 7
-Injury plagued right now
-Getzlaf and Perry easily rattled I would like to see this defined
-No elite talent in the crease, unlike LAvJohn Gibson is an elite talent
-They don't have their "Doughty"
-Unproven playoff coach BB has been to both the E nd W conf finals I think

Cons:

-1st in the league on PP and on the PK
-Best team in the league since Christmas
-Perry and Getzlaf, if they're feeling it, are beasts in the playoffs
-Could be coming lots of help from the injury front
-Crazy depth in both offense and defense
-Worse matchup for us
-If we chase their other goalie, it may not help us since they have one of the best goalie tandems in the league

I have issue with many claims as they are false. It seems to slant toward Anaheim with the big BUT....to cover bases.

Bottom line is the Preds are gonna have to go through both of them

and I know LA has added Lecavlier, Versteeg, Luke Schenn and Milan Lucic among others, but they are not Slava Voynov or Justin Williams in the playoffs

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
What a disaster for the Bruins. A must win game against a non-playoff team at home for a chance to make the playoffs and they're currently losing 6-1.

Made all the more disastrous by the Red Wings losing in regulation to the Rangers.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I did see on the main board that it looks like Datsyuk is going to stick the Wings with 7.5 million of dead cap space next year, so there's that.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I did see on the main board that it looks like Datsyuk is going to stick the Wings with 7.5 million of dead cap space next year, so there's that.

Why can't the team and Datstuk mutually terminate his contract? We did that with Moses.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
It seems like his health has really been an issue. Dats also mentioned that he hates leaving his daughter for such long periods of time. He says he wanted a 1Y contract, but Detroit convinced him to sign 3Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad