NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Vegas gets their 20th victory beating the Pens 2-1. T-Mobile arena looks like a fun place to watch a game.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
We are getting close to penciling in that VGK is going to be a playoff team.

Watched the game on a 4K feed tonight - it was stunning.

Quite an amazing start. Lucky they don't play in the Eastern Conf., only Tampa has more points.

Their expansion draft sure turned out well, I imagine the Seattle ownership is looking on with great interest.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Alexander Radulov is an exciting, charismatic player to watch, as long as he's on a team I can tolerate.

The Rangers played Lundqvist in a victory against the Kings, so maybe the Bruins will draw the backup Pavelec. I respect Lundqvist, but I don't like the way he sometimes throws fits and stares down defensemen after goals.

Having caught some Vegas games, they are a solid team, and even with Talbot coming back, Edmonton is in a pretty big hole to climb out of for a playoff spot.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Montreal got shut out by Ottawa.

:laugh:
:biglaugh:
:wave:

nelsonhaha.jpg

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Why is Toronto playing a Tuesday afternoon home game tomorrow? 2 PM start :dunno:

Celebrating 100 years to the day of their first NHL game as the Toronto Arenas. The city has declared the day Maple Leaf Day. 2pm start could be due to trying to get some real fans access to a game instead of all the sushi eating Bay Street suits that show up 1/2 hour late and leave before the 3rd period starts.
Might also be a bit of an early Christmas gift to the players as they can wrap it up by 5 and then catch happy hour at the Brass Rail.

Reactions: Fenway

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
had ice level seats at the Avs/Pens game today.

Pens look like a team that has gotten complacent after winning 2 cups in a row. Kessel is such a supreme talent but dogs it so much out there. Was excited to see Sid in person for the first time but he didn't do much tonight. Malkin was the best Penguin all night.

Avs won 4-2 and had a really strong game, especially in the 3rd. They defended exceptionally well after the Pens made it 3-2. Nathan McKinnon was the fastest player on the ice for either team and has got to be one of the top 5 fastest guys in the NHL with the puck on his stick. He's so good. Landeskog is back and is a beast. I was watching him all night wishing the Bruins had been able to land him without giving up McAvoy. To think there were dummies on this board saying Landeskog was no better than Beleskey & was washed up (at 24 no less lol!). You watch him in person and can really appreciate how he's always in the dirty areas & constantly directing traffic. that guy is clearly not just a paper captain.

Avs are still a few pieces away and consistency has been their problem for years, but they are slowly forming an identity and I think Duchene leaving was addition by subtraction. Duchene being gone allows MacKinnon flourish in a way that reminds me of when Richards & Carter were traded by the Flyers & Giroux turned into a top tier guy. If I was an Avs fan this is the kind of win I'd be hoping they can build off of because they commitment to defending the lead was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad