Around the NHL IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Will be crazy to see St. Louis in another jersey. IMO, he's the most underrated player of the last 20 years or so.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Just skimming through the Business board and it's really starting to look like Seattle and QC could be strong topics regarding expansion at the June owners meetings.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I don't know. They did get better, but they still have a hole on the top line and they gave up quite a bit (especially if St Louis re-signs Miller or makes it to the WCF). They don't really have a lot more to give up. At least we know they're most likely done with this move.

Fortunately we don't have to catch up to St Louis, and the teams we do need to catch also have to play the Blues. It could work out in our best interest this season.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
I don't know. They did get better, but they still have a hole on the top line and they gave up quite a bit (especially if St Louis re-signs Miller or makes it to the WCF). They don't really have a lot more to give up. At least we know they're most likely done with this move.

Fortunately we don't have to catch up to St Louis, and the teams we do need to catch also have to play the Blues. It could work out in our best interest this season.

All true. They upgraded goalie and bottom line player with Ott big time. He is ten times better than Stewart.

Yeah they can help until the Preds meet them in the playoffs and get pounded..

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
All true. They upgraded goalie and bottom line player with Ott big time. He is ten times better than Stewart.

Yeah they can help until the Preds meet them in the playoffs and get pounded..

Hey man, play offs :laugh:

I don't know how I feel about making a push for the post season. We're almost certainly going to lose in the first round. I kind of would rather have the higher pick. But then again I do love play off hockey a lot more when the Preds are in it, even if it's just four or five games.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN

I don't know how I feel about making a push for the post season. We're almost certainly going to lose in the first round. I kind of would rather have the higher pick. But then again I do love play off hockey a lot more when the Preds are in it, even if it's just four or five games.

Absolutely the playoffs and the run bring some serious excitement but personally i would rather see a makeover to put a more fun and a better product on the ice with the foewards. To help with that a top 5 pick please.

Reason being i am tired of seeing the first and second round exits. We have had plenty for goodness sake.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well the Blues just got a lot better adding Miller and Ott from Buff.
They are going to be hard to beat..

funny how a year ago the Blues had too many goalies and now they are trading for one.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

gotta want the playoffs. If we can make the playoffs after all of the negativity this year, even of we get swept in round one, it would still be one hell of a feat and something to build on going forward

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Florida gets Pirri for a 3rd and and a 5th two years from now. I know he probably wouldn't have moved within division, but we could have offered something a little better probably.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Florida gets Pirri for a 3rd and and a 5th two years from now. I know he probably wouldn't have moved within division, but we could have offered something a little better probably.

whats telling is that was the best they could get for him. as you say, he probably wouldn't have been sent to us for anything less than an overpayment, but the whole eastern conference was available and thats the best you can get for a supposed top prospect?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
whats telling is that was the best they could get for him. as you say, he probably wouldn't have been sent to us for anything less than an overpayment, but the whole eastern conference was available and thats the best you can get for a supposed top prospect?

There's also the aspect of him being a former Tallon-draftee (like Skille, Versteeg, etc...), so there's perhaps a chance the Hawks would let him go for just a little less to send him to Florida. That said, I doubt they would have turned down significantly better offers, so doesn't sound like there was much of a market.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser

over paying for a small center in this division and having to deal with Backes, Berglund, Toews, McKinnon, Stastny, Duchene, Seguin, etc is dumb.

Unless we trade for him to play in the bottom six. Then all we are doing is changing SPALING to PIRRI

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
over paying for a small center in this division and having to deal with Backes, Berglund, Toews, McKinnon, Stastny, Duchene, Seguin, etc is dumb.

Unless we trade for him to play in the bottom six. Then all we are doing is changing SPALING to PIRRI

Pirri sure would be an upgrade over Goose, Nystrom, and Clune.

Screw it though who cares about getting better because he is not a superstar.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

I thin we're a team that needs to accumulate as many forward prospects as we can. You never know who's going to end up being big. Pirri's a talented player, just because he's small doesn't mean he wouldn't be a potential upgrade over Stalberg.

We've acquired some nice forward prospects lately, but over the years we haven't seen Poile make too many small risk big rewards type moves for young guys with potential. Sk was probably the last one. It's just something that I'd like to see more of. You never know who'll be able to chip in the odd 20 goals, maybe we get lucky and catch a 30 goal scorer if we actually went for it now and again.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Thought we'd make this the discussion for all the trades not done by the Preds.

Edmonton swapping out Bryz (Minn) for Fasth. Good move.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Good move to switch Bryz for Fasth, but Scrivens/Fasth still isn't an incredibly proven tandem and they'll be under siege behind that Edmonton defense.

Agreed. Edmonton needs D in the worst way. Like 5 of the 6 D. Good move my Minn (barf) getting Bryz. The last time he was good was behind a good D in Phoenix. I think he'll do well there.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Between the Pirri trade, Penner, Robidas and Fasth, returns are looking pretty slim so far. Not sure we're going to get what we're hoping for out of a Legwand, Cullen, etc... deal.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Any of you awesome nhl14 armchair GMs still want yo give up Ellis or any other asset for scoring bust Cory conacher?

Values change. Early this year, Ellis didn't look very good and Conacher was coming off a great year where he was in Calder contention. Now, Conacher has come down to Earth hard (though many are shocked he was waived) and Ellis is improving. Now, I wouldn't do that trade obviously, but at the time, it made sense.

That said, I still wouldn't be at all surprised if Conacher turns out better than Ellis. Not a guarantee by any means, just saying "Ha! Told you so!" when a 24 year old has one bad year is a bit premature. Both Ellis and Conacher have promise. Last year, Conacher was better. This year, Ellis has been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia