Around the NHL IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
So Tortorella gets 15 days of vacation coming up & Hartley was fined $ 25,000; someone explain to me why it seems Torts got the short end of the stick here.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Remember when the Blackhawks traded Dave Bolland so they could keep Brian Bickell and pay him outrageous money relative to his paper-thin body of work? That was REALLY funny. Bickell was scratched for the second time in three games tonight.

Also, Ben Scrivens. :amazed:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It annoys me that Vancouver, Minnesota, Dallas and Phoenix keep on not winning consistently.

Gives me optimism that a small run and we can still get in.

In the east we would be three points out of the wildcard

to make up 8 points in 27 games we will need to go on one heck of a run(like a six or seven game win streak just to get in the conversation) or else consistently win three out of four the rest of the way.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
In the east we would be three points out of the wildcard

to make up 8 points in 27 games we will need to go on one heck of a run(like a six or seven game win streak just to get in the conversation) or else consistently win three out of four the rest of the way.

Still sitting at 92 points & that gets a 62 % chance to get in the playoffs ... uuummm yeah 16-7-4

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
same games played as Vancover and trail them by 5 points. We could go 14-12 and them 11-15 and pass them. Neither is too far fetched...

If we only go 14-12 we either won't pass phoenix(they have 2 games in hand on us) or Dallas or Winnipeg will pass us

With this many teams in the mix you have to think of points. 14-12 only gets us 86pts and I just don't see that being enough. 17-9 to get to 92 is the absolute minimum I can see having a shot

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
If we only go 14-12 we either won't pass phoenix(they have 2 games in hand on us) or Dallas or Winnipeg will pass us

With this many teams in the mix you have to think of points. 14-12 only gets us 86pts and I just don't see that being enough. 17-9 to get to 92 is the absolute minimum I can see having a shot

I get that, I was just using it as an example. There are a lot of games and a lot of winning and losing to be done. We need to win more than 3 in a row at some point to have a shot. we just need to be 2 points better every ten games to get in. Just a matter of how you want to break it down. Need to be no more than 5 out at end of Jan, 4 at end of Feb and 2 at end of March.

Big week ahead. Would love to pull 4 points out of the next 3 games, and 2 of those need to be regulation Thursday against Minnesota after we have 4 days without a game.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
It annoys me that Vancouver, --, Dallas and Phoenix keep on not winning consistently.

Gives me optimism that a small run and we can still get in.
Me, too. It does not annoy me that minnesota continues to not win.

It also annoys me to look over to the east standings and see a team with 59 points sitting in 3rd place in their division, and to see a team in 7th in the wild card is only 2 points from the 2nd wild card spot.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Think we have problems on offense? At least we aren't the Kings-

They have scored a total of THREE goals in their last SIX games.

Even when they won the Cup they weren't a powerhouse on offense, but 3 goals in 6 games is hard to believe.....

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Incredibly quite this morning on the trade front. One would have thought there were trades solidified during the Olympic break waiting on midnight eastern last night. Now half way through the day and no news league wide. I expected to see Ryan Miller done before noon and a few others.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
It is pretty quiet, but my guess is that sellers want max time to jockey for the biggest return. Still 11 days till the deadline.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Boomer Esiason (apparently quite well connected to NYR, broken a few deals) said on his radio show Callahan+conditional pick for Martin St. Louis is all but done. Wow. Always figured MSL would retire a Bolt

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Boomer Esiason (apparently quite well connected to NYR, broken a few deals) said on his radio show Callahan+conditional pick for Martin St. Louis is all but done. Wow. Always figured MSL would retire a Bolt

Apparently he wasn't happy at all with Yzerman after he wasn't selected to Team Canada originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad