Around the NHL Discussion Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Reaves is smarter than that. He tried to defy one of the laws of physics. Lehtera cannot move faster than the speed of snail, even if aided by an outside force. He was actually rocked and flew across the rink, just too slowly to be perceived by the naked eye.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Reaves is smarter than that. He tried to defy one of the laws of physics. Lehtera cannot move faster than the speed of snail, even if aided by an outside force. He was actually rocked and flew across the rink, just too slowly to be perceived by the naked eye.
:laugh: sounds like some crap out of Interstellar

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Dallas dominates Vegas. Faksa scores natural hattrick. 2nd and 3rd goal separetas only 8sec. Funny story I misscliked in treble bet and system both to Dallas and it favors me. Never ever happened to me.

Dallas 3rd line looks pretty good in this game. Roussel - Faksa - Pitlick. Its like chaos on o-zone when they have puck.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Been listening to TBL games on NHL radio lately—I’ve heard only play-by-play—do they not have a radio color commentator?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Been listening to TBL games on NHL radio lately—I’ve heard only play-by-play—do they not have a radio color commentator?
It is usually Phil Esposito, but they may not have a replacement for him if he is unable to make a game.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
That's a steep price to pay for an injury fill-in. Anaheim does not need Henrique if they are healthy, and Vatanen is a good young D-man. Good deal for NJ.
They actually could use Henrique on the wing when healthy, certainly more than they need Vatanen on defense. Their offense depth lacks.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Man Oilers look so so bad. I’m already anticipating them getting the 1st overall. Because it’s them.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Man Oilers look so so bad. I’m already anticipating them getting the 1st overall. Because it’s them.
I'm dumbfounded that they haven't turned it around. I think the stink of losing descended into their mindset again. The 'tank' philosophy is such a poison. Criticize Armstrong, but he (and Pleau before) managed to rebuild the team while keeping a competitive environment even when the team stunk. I can't feel much sympathy for Edmonton fans since they enjoyed a dynasty with Gretzky, but I take no pleasure in watching the futility.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lmao Kris Russell just absolutely ripped one into his own net. Ray Ferraro with a great line “he’s got two goals in the period; one in each net”. Gotta see the replay. Too funny. Not as bad a Laine last year, but still pretty great.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I'm dumbfounded that they haven't turned it around. I think the stink of losing descended into their mindset again. The 'tank' philosophy is such a poison. Criticize Armstrong, but he (and Pleau before) managed to rebuild the team while keeping a competitive environment even when the team stunk. I can't feel much sympathy for Edmonton fans since they enjoyed a dynasty with Gretzky, but I take no pleasure in watching the futility.
Tanking can work, look at Toronto, Pittsburgh, Chicago as examples. Edmonton just had awful management that couldn't pull off a proper tear it down rebuild.

Edmonton still has terrible management, the team has poor cap structure and is terribly constructed.

Outside of the Maroon and Talbot trade, Chiarelli has gotten shafted. He moved out Eberle and Hall and all he has to show is a massive downgrade in Strome and a middling defenseman who isn't anything special. Now they need scoring wingers? Shocker.

The team has McDavid, overpaid for Draisaitl (who is still a monster), Klefbom and Talbot. Unfortunately Talbot can't play at .935 save percentage every night so now they've begun to lose games.

The hope is still there and their best players are young enough. But the Russell and Lucic deals are rather crippling. They need to fire Chiarelli and find someone who can actually construct a team and isn't living off singing Chara from way back.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Devils traded underwhelming 2nd line-ish center for Vatanen. Doesn't bode well for oilers who gave up hall for worse player to begin with. Who knows maybe they would be open to bowmesteer for rnh?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
It's arguable who is worse between Vatanen and Larsson; two different defensemen. But it goes without saying that Larsson for Hall was incredibly lop-sided for NJD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad