Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Good for them. They finally got traction on their ultra-long rebuild the last few years thanks to top-notch drafting in the later rounds. Since 2010, they've nabbed Faulk, Rask, Slavin, McGinn, Pesce, Nedeljkovic, Wallmark, Aho, Roy, Kuokkanen, Martin, Geekie and Mattheos outside of the 1st round... not half bad there. And then getting Teuvo for a couple of draft picks and Bickell. They're right on the cusp, I'm glad they aren't pulling a Quebec and setting up shop in another city right as they're starting to get good again.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Good for them. They finally got traction on their ultra-long rebuild the last few years thanks to top-notch drafting in the later rounds. Since 2010, they've nabbed Faulk, Rask, Slavin, McGinn, Pesce, Nedeljkovic, Wallmark, Aho, Roy, Kuokkanen, Martin, Geekie and Mattheos outside of the 1st round... not half bad there. And then getting Teuvo for a couple of draft picks and Bickell. They're right on the cusp, I'm glad they aren't pulling a Quebec and setting up shop in another city right as they're starting to get good again.

It would be kind of appropriate though:

Quebec sucked forever, got loaded with talent, and won a Cup - In Denver.
Hartford stunk for much of their existence, caught lightning and won a Cup years later - in Carolina.
If Quebec is going to get a team, it should be one that is on the cusp of winning, as retribution for losing the Nordiques how they did. And it makes sense that it should be at the expense of a team that benefited from a championship soon after arriving.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Eh I never wanted the Hurricanes to exist. Much rather see the return of the Nordiques or the Whalers.

That said, having been a Rams fan, can't help but feel happy for the fans in Carolina.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

Dallas invites Umberger to Stars camp. You don't get much more of a Hitchy player, although he's on the downslope - I honestly didn't even think he was even on the slope anymore since he didn't play last year. If Hartnell wasn't going to Nashville next year I'd expect him to get the call too.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
looks like a very good deal now but if he turns into lehtera it may come back bite them.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
looks like a very good deal now but if he turns into lehtera it may come back bite them.

Is this a prediction, sir? Can this be added to the soon-to-be-legendary thread? You're comparing Arvidsson to Lehtera. Will he bust in similar fashion?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Only way i see him "regressing" would be injury related or teams simply take his time and space away. He seems fairly easy to neutralize when Johansen and Forsberg go MIA

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Looks like Mike Van Ryn will be the Tuscon Roadrunners coach next season. He was Arizona's director of player development last year, and the Kitchener Rangers' HC for several years before that. If Berube lands a head coaching job soon, Van Ryn should be at the very top of our interview list.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I'm not sure if this has been acknowledged yet, but I just read an article saying that Andrei Markov will be leaving the Habs and NHL to play in the KHL after being unable to agree on a deal. Pretty deep stuff. Pacioretty said he'll score 10 fewer goals without Markov.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
I'm not sure if this has been acknowledged yet, but I just read an article saying that Andrei Markov will be leaving the Habs and NHL to play in the KHL after being unable to agree on a deal. Pretty deep stuff. Pacioretty said he'll score 10 fewer goals without Markov.

I'm a Markov fan. My one non-Blues NHL jersey is a Markov WC jersey. I thought it was cool that he said he'd rather play in the KHL than a different NHL team. Regardless of if thats true, it'll certainly help his legacy with Canadiens fans. Even at his age, he's still a good #2 defenseman and lot better than Alzner and Streit. A shame they couldn't even get a one year deal. I'm not convinced Montreal is a playoff team anymore after this off-season they've had.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Bergevin makes me appreciate D. Armstrong. I don't get how that guy still has a job.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Bergevin makes me appreciate D. Armstrong. I don't get how that guy still has a job.

Agreed. I'm not impressed with him in the slightest.

A lot of the reports I read on Markov indicated he was even willing to come back on a one year deal and they said no. I know he's getting older, but the guy is still pretty effective. Not to mention that one year deals are typically pretty low risk. If he bombs then you just don't bring him back. I don't get it at all.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Agreed. I'm not impressed with him in the slightest.

A lot of the reports I read on Markov indicated he was even willing to come back on a one year deal and they said no. I know he's getting older, but the guy is still pretty effective. Not to mention that one year deals are typically pretty low risk. If he bombs then you just don't bring him back. I don't get it at all.

My assumption is that he would only sign with a NMC for a particular amount of money, and that combination wasn't what the Habs had in mind.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The only excuse that Bergevin has is if they have a big trade lined up.

They have 23 players signed and $8.5m in cap space, so there isn't any other reason not to sign him.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The only excuse that Bergevin has is if they have a big trade lined up.

They have 23 players signed and $8.5m in cap space, so there isn't any other reason not to sign him.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was still working on getting either Draisaitl or Johansen to sign an offer sheet to address their center issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->