Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What Las Vegas has done to Shipachyov is so strange. McPhee looking like a huge idiot. That team doesn't have a first liner on their roster, yet the most talented offensive player they have doesn't have a place because of 4th liners like Lindberg, Haula, Perron in their top 6. Its bad management. I wouldn't care how many points these players have scored, they've proven themselves in their NHL careers so far to not be all that good, Shipachyov looks like a player who could be a top 6 NHL'er. The demotion thing to keep all these bad defensemen is even funnier. McPhee is a terrible GM, he doesn't understand the market. No one wants his bad defensemen, even fans understand these guys don't get traded, its not a video game, NHL teams don't want spare parts for anything of value.

And that roster looks worse than I expected it to be this season. They are also screwing up their chances to draft Dahlin by how they've started. I think thats going to be one bad hockey team the next 3 or 4 years. Their draft was okay, but thats 3-4 years away from making a big difference in the NHL, even if those guys turn out to be really good.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Slightly OT, but I felt like it didn't need a thread of it's own.

Halloween stuff.

DNYqOrcVQAAbm_k.jpg

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I agree that the Rangers have done reasonably well with what they've had, but have they really done better than average? I feel like most other teams have at least the same rate of success late in drafts, although I don't have an analysis to back this up.

Their inability to pick at the top of the draft is the only thing holding me back from wanting a complete fire sale type rebuild. I just don't trust these guys with premium picks, and that stretches back a long time: McIlrath, Montoya, Jessiman, Malhotra, etc.). Perhaps it's just bad luck.

I would say when you consider how many picks they've traded away, yeah they've done better than average.

In the last six drafts this team has missed picking in the first round four times, the second round three times and the third round twice. That's a lot of top 90 picks.

I think they've often found a lot of value in the third and fourth rounds - including Duclair, Buchnevich, Shestyorkin, Saarela and maybe Day. They have a couple of other guys who either showed promise or are still possibilities. Overall, I think they've done well. Not perfect, but above average.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Don't want to jinx them, but looks like the Yotes might finally get a win.

You almost jinxed them. They gave up two goals in the final minute and philly tied it. They are a garbage team even with stepan

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Dan the worst dman in the nhl (actually worst dman in any league including the echl) Girardi getting 16 plus minutes on a team that just can't lose.

Last edited:

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I feel bad for Arizona fans that their season is basically over before the conclusion of October but then I remember that there's another really familiar team in a similar situation. :walrus:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia