Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
For them to get 21, 4 non-division winners who aren't Winnipeg would need to make the Conference Finals.
Thanks. They could still beat the Leafs and then lose in 2nd round and get us the 21st pick if 4 non-division winners (minus Winnipeg) make it to the conference finals? Well would be 22 cause I would hope it would be the Lightning who beat the Devils.
As much as i hate to say it i could see Vegas losing. Even the Caps. And if the Devils play the Lightning tough who knows.
The Preds are pretty stacked but wouldn't mind to see them lose too

Reactions: Thirty One

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Let the Leafs fans thump their chests if it gets us the higher pick.

They can make it all the way to the finals for all I care as long as they lose.
Definitely its all about us getting the best picks possible and hope that happens but they could still lose in second round to Lightning. Totally understand tho best to play it safe and hope they get knocked out early

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Elias Petterson, the best player in the 2017 draft. Carrying his team to the SHL finals. The goal got them to the finals.

Too early to tell
What Pettersson is doing is great but Hischier and Patrick are already playing large rolls in the NHL, on playoff-bound teams none the less

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Why I'm rooting for Winnipeg-So I saw several of you on Saturday ask why I picked the Jets as my bandwagon team as opposed to anyone else. The GDT is now closed so I'll answer it here in points rather than an essay. Feel free to debate, question, comment:

1. I love their core of Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Hellybucyk and of course Big Buff. I know Chevyldayoff is a cheap skate but that doesn't make me despise the guy or hate the team over his philosophy.

2. Paul Maurice is a swell fellow

3. I love the passion of their fans and don't find them obnoxious at all: they had a Statler and Waldorf in the crowd for years which to me is comedic gold, they keep the building lively, and it was the ultimate middle finger/message to Bettman in 2011 when they were "temporarily" given the Thrashers as a caretaker city and I remember Bettman saying we'll see how this goes, nothing is definitive and they sell the building out for five years.

4. I don't get the whole "Keep The Cup Out Of Canada" angle. I can go on a rant about the Regional Draft and all of Montreal's Cups prior to the 70s, but that has nothing to do with the Peg, Vancouver, etc.

5. That team should have never left the city in the first place. They've done so well in Arizona.

6. And this has to go with point 5, I think part of the reason they left was lack of playoff success once becoming an NHL franchise. The 1982-1993 playoff format killed, absolutely killed certain franchises. For the Jets, it was go against Gretzky's Oilers, or Loobs Flames every year and we all know back in those days, it took teams 4-5 years to rebuild instead of 2-3. I always felt bad that they never had a run to the WCF or Stanley Cup Finals.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Why I'm rooting for Winnipeg-So I saw several of you on Saturday ask why I picked the Jets as my bandwagon team as opposed to anyone else. The GDT is now closed so I'll answer it here in points rather than an essay. Feel free to debate, question, comment:

1. I love their core of Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Hellybucyk and of course Big Buff. I know Chevyldayoff is a cheap skate but that doesn't make me despise the guy or hate the team over his philosophy.

2. Paul Maurice is a swell fellow

3. I love the passion of their fans and don't find them obnoxious at all: they had a Statler and Waldorf in the crowd for years which to me is comedic gold, they keep the building lively, and it was the ultimate middle finger/message to Bettman in 2011 when they were "temporarily" given the Thrashers as a caretaker city and I remember Bettman saying we'll see how this goes, nothing is definitive and they sell the building out for five years.

4. I don't get the whole "Keep The Cup Out Of Canada" angle. I can go on a rant about the Regional Draft and all of Montreal's Cups prior to the 70s, but that has nothing to do with the Peg, Vancouver, etc.

5. That team should have never left the city in the first place. They've done so well in Arizona.

6. And this has to go with point 5, I think part of the reason they left was lack of playoff success once becoming an NHL franchise. The 1982-1993 playoff format killed, absolutely killed certain franchises. For the Jets, it was go against Gretzky's Oilers, or Loobs Flames every year and we all know back in those days, it took teams 4-5 years to rebuild instead of 2-3. I always felt bad that they never had a run to the WCF or Stanley Cup Finals.

Nope. f*** em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad