Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Anything going around the league? The MSG crowd fell asleep last night for sure.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
How about the Coyotes? Everyone heaped praise on Chyka for building that team and they're 2 games away from breaking the '44 Rangers record for winless games to start a season.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How about the Coyotes? Everyone heaped praise on Chyka for building that team and they're 2 games away from breaking the '44 Rangers record for winless games to start a season.

Yep Chayka is a genius lol

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They’ll beat the Rangers Thursday. They have to win sometime and why not do it against the Rangers? Just the way it goes in NY.

was thinking same thing. Duclair scores in the first 90 seconds.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
They’ll beat the Rangers Thursday. They have to win sometime and why not do it against the Rangers? Just the way it goes in NY.
It's at a point where it's just about expected. Stepan will have a 3 point night and Raanta will put in a 40 save performance.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Anything going around the league? The MSG crowd fell asleep last night for sure.
They sounded pretty good a few times letting the team know they were there, but maybe that rattled the Rangers. They proceeded to flub passes, get out of synch looking like kids learning the game, and generally gave the audience a reason to not really bother cheering much again. That was one disjointed and lets-take-a-step-backwards performance.
Slightly OT perhaps for Around The NHL, but the Rangers are around the NHL, albeit watching from near the bottom at the moment.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Chayka has been the GM of Arizona for literally one year.

I'm not guaranteeing anything one way or another but I think it'd be only fair to give the guy a bigger chance since taking on one of the most hopeless managing circumstances in professional sports.

Reactions: Ail

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Oilers are going to have to make some personnel changes, I think.
The Leafs are a bit similar in terms of top offensive talent in the bud (pin intended) but they have the benefit of having Mike Babcock tutoring them.
I like the Oilers, and I really have nothing against Oilers fans (mostly a dedicated bunch who love hockey) but that Oiler front office has been bad. They are lucky Talbot fell into their lap. Maybe its just my opinion, but I don't think they are as far along as they should be in their overall team development. Yes, it is only 10% into the season, but I think about what Oiler Land will be like if they don't make a measurable improvement this season.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Came here to post this after seeing they lost to the Isles. The way this season is going of course Arizona is going to get their first win against us.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
What happened to Sportsnet’s YouTube page? They used to post great individual videos from the night but now they stopped.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A Cup final and 2 ECFs in 4 years is not wasting his prime.

The Cup-or-Bust mentality annoys me. There's more to it than winning the Cup.

What happened to Sportsnet’s YouTube page? They used to post great individual videos from the night but now they stopped.

I know. Until last season, I used to watch the highlights on the Sportsnet site, because:

A.) Their site was easier to navigate after NHL.com suffered from the bloated update
B.) Their videos were more than just a 1-minute recap. Now NHL.com does actual highlight videos.

It is probably a copyright issue on YT.

Reactions: Rangers_23

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Tavares would do great here, I have a feeling. For him, it makes sense; no need to uproot his life.

Reactions: PraX

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The Cup-or-Bust mentality annoys me. There's more to it than winning the Cup.

I know. Until last season, I used to watch the highlights on the Sportsnet site, because:

A.) Their site was easier to navigate after NHL.com suffered from the bloated update
B.) Their videos were more than just a 1-minute recap. Now NHL.com does actual highlight videos.

It is probably a copyright issue on YT.

They don't give out participation trophies in professional sports.

Reactions: Off Sides
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad