Around the NHL 2014-15, Part III: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/jaakiekko/art-1439515619266.html

russian media says that there's a plan for 'veteran league', for 45+ year old players. international tournament, with russia, czech, finland, sweden, germany and slovakia participating.

it's supposed to start this autumn and players included are apparently lidström, hasek, fetisov, stastny, kasatanov, bengt-åke gustafsson and so on.

will this keep going? If so tell Datsyuk to stay for another 5 years or so :naughty:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
So, apparently Addidas will be making our jerseys, and we might get some new stripey things to make the uniforms clearly Addidas, or maybe just some ads on the unis.

If Addidas is stupid enough to force any significant change to the Wings' jersey design, I won't be buying any jerseys from them. Though, some teams would probably be improved with it... .

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So, apparently Addidas will be making our jerseys, and we might get some new stripey things to make the uniforms clearly Addidas, or maybe just some ads on the unis.

If Addidas is stupid enough to force any significant change to the Wings' jersey design, I won't be buying any jerseys from them. Though, some teams would probably be improved with it... .

Would have been pretty awesome if Under Armour was the sponsor, IMO.

Hasn't pretty much every brand kept the Wings jersey's the same? I really doubt anything changes with this.

I'm going to guess it merely goes from a Reebok logo to an Adidas logo. Don't really understand the change though, Reebok seems more synonymous with hockey.

Isn't CCM a subsidiary of Reebok and Adidas? I think they should go back to CCM jerseys.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Would have been pretty awesome if Under Armour was the sponsor, IMO.

Hasn't pretty much every brand kept the Wings jersey's the same? I really doubt anything changes with this.

I'm going to guess it merely goes from a Reebok logo to an Adidas logo. Don't really understand the change though, Reebok seems more synonymous with hockey.

Isn't CCM a subsidiary of Reebok and Adidas? I think they should go back to CCM jerseys.

I can't imagine they would screw with the Wings' jersey, either, but I'm just commenting on what's said in the article. I'm not sure why they would mess with the jerseys at all, people buy'em because of the teams associated with them, not for whoever makes them.

Aug 6, 2012
Doesn't Adidas own Reebok? I doubt much will change for the Wings. The ads on the jerseys really scares me tho because it is a huge ****ing turnoff.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Doesn't Adidas own Reebok? I doubt much will change for the Wings. The ads on the jerseys really scares me tho because it is a huge ****ing turnoff.

Adidas puts three stripes on everything, I expect they will be on the shoulders of the jerseys or somewhere on them. It is their form of branding.

The ads bother me, but they are coming. I do think it will hurt the NHL's bottom line a little more than they are anticipating. As I expect blackmarket Chinese knockoffs to thrive while taking the Ads off of jerseys.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Ehrhoff to LAK for one year 1.5 million.

That looks like it's gonna end up being a steal for the Kings. Although i said the same thing when he signed with Pitt last off season.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Ehrhoff to LAK for one year 1.5 million.

That looks like it's gonna end up being a steal for the Kings. Although i said the same thing when he signed with Pitt last off season.

He earned that contract after last year.

Low risk move by LA.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Ehrhoff got his big Buffalo money so he's taking the league tour trying to find the Cup champ. Struck out big on Pittsburgh. I think he has a better shot in LA.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ehrhoff got his big Buffalo money so he's taking the league tour trying to find the Cup champ. Struck out big on Pittsburgh. I think he has a better shot in LA.

He should be a good fit in that system. Also LA is a team that doesn't get run a lot, it isn't the kind of game you want to play with them. That should help Ehrhoff a lot as he has been a bit shaky in terms of getting crushed lately. It happens, but I think LA does have that intimidation factor in terms of not a lot of teams run around on them.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He should be a good fit in that system. Also LA is a team that doesn't get run a lot, it isn't the kind of game you want to play with them. That should help Ehrhoff a lot as he has been a bit shaky in terms of getting crushed lately. It happens, but I think LA does have that intimidation factor in terms of not a lot of teams run around on them.
Imo it kinda makes their D look softer and could reduce their 'intimidation factor' by a lot. It's a low-risk move that could help them in the regular season, but I don't think he's the type of guy that will help them go on another cup run.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Doesn't look like a bad contact.

Calgary had a perfect offseason.

Now let's see if that will translate into regular season/playoff success.

Fingers crossed for a Calgary/Colorado playoff matchup.

Not that I have anything against Iggy. Just think it would be an amazing narrative.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Doesn't look like a bad contact.

Calgary had a perfect offseason.

Now let's see if that will translate into regular season/playoff success.

Fingers crossed for a Calgary/Colorado playoff matchup.

Not that I have anything against Iggy. Just think it would be an amazing narrative.

I don't see Colorado making the playoffs at all. Chicago, St. Louis, Minnesota, Nashville/Winnipeg/Dallas. I can't see them getting in.
As for Calgary, they're still piecing it all together. Bennett's entering his sophomore year, Monahan is still maturing(rapidly though), they'll be hella good soon enough. Already have the best top 3 in the NHL. Honestly can't beat Giordano, Brodie, and Hamilton. **** is incredible. And their division blows. You have LA and Anaheim who are locks, aging San Jose, imploding Vancouver, improving, but not playoff good Edmonton, and lolzona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad