Around the NHL 2014-15, Part III: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I don't see Tampa beating Lundqvist on the road in game 7.

Yeah, it was a very nice season for the Lightning but it's over. To go from being swept in the first round last year to nearly knocking off a team that could very well win the Cup is a huge improvement for them.

Stevie Y has them headed in the right direction. They will be a force in the East for the foreseeable future.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Yeah, it was a very nice season for the Lightning but it's over. To go from being swept in the first round last year to nearly knocking off a team that could very well win the Cup is a huge improvement for them.

Stevie Y has them headed in the right direction. They will be a force in the East for the foreseeable future.

Anders Lindback was their goalie in the first round last year because Bishop was hurt. That series would have been much closer had they had Bishop. Lindback is awful.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Anders Lindback was their goalie in the first round last year because Bishop was hurt. That series would have been much closer had they had Bishop. Lindback is awful.

While better than Lindback, Bishop is one of the most overrated players in the league. Their best goaltender was sitting on the bench until this thing was over basically. He is the future much like Mrazek. Never been impressed with Bishop, think Howard is a far better goalie just to name one in terms of making the point around here.

Bishop is just big, leaves huge openings and is very spotty. We will see what he produces in game seven, but he is the weakest link on that team, until the Russian is ready they cannot become a true powerhouse.

Also again, what an awful decision by Yzerman to pass on Jones for Drouin. Jones and Hedman for a decade paired together, I cannot believe he screwed the pooch on that.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
While better than Lindback, Bishop is one of the most overrated players in the league. Their best goaltender was sitting on the bench until this thing was over basically. He is the future much like Mrazek. Never been impressed with Bishop, think Howard is a far better goalie just to name one in terms of making the point around here.

Bishop is just big, leaves huge openings and is very spotty. We will see what he produces in game seven, but he is the weakest link on that team, until the Russian is ready they cannot become a true powerhouse.

Also again, what an awful decision by Yzerman to pass on Jones for Drouin. Jones and Hedman for a decade paired together, I cannot believe he screwed the pooch on that.

I also think Bishop is overrated, but Lindback is barely an NHL back up. I also agree he should have picked Jones, but I think Drouin will still be a great player.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Yeah if you evaluate the remaining 4 goalies- Andersson(?), Crawford, Bishop, and Lundquist there is honestly no comparison. I'd go with the king all day. It does raise the Rangers chances if they make it to the finals again.

Chicago fans will vehemently defend Crawford 'till their dying breath but I've hated him in goal for years (for their team). How can you have skaters so full of magic doing the impossible let down again and again by goaltending? No one ever thinks of the Wings this way, we lose games 1-0 in the PO's. Honestly Crawford and Howard may be more alike than the sound of their names but I think Howard is in a whole nother league than Corey.

As highly emotional and momentous both CF's have been it's hard to predict a winner. The Blackhawks could easily win two games or crap the bed and be gone today. Tampa or NY either of them may win I think they're both deserving. It's been a really interesting/cool season, the best teams (in the world) are duking it out valiantly, this has been a great NHL PO's.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

They would have lost in Six, Remember the reffing in that series? Still Montreal was a better team that year didnt have to rely on Price as much as they do know. Maybe Seven if TB got a lucky bounce.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Stranger things have happened.

I can see Tampa winning, and it makes me so very sad.
Yeah. Lundqvist's game 7 record is bound to take a loss at some point. Rangers have really struggled in this series so I think Tampa has a really good chance to take it.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
If it makes you feel any better... we could have just as easily choked in round 2, like we did in round 1.

Well, I would have preferred to choke in round 2 than let the Tampa Bay Yzermans win.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Bishop has given up 5 goals in 3 of his last 4 games. Now granted the 4th game was a shutout but he doesn't exactly inspire confidence at this point, particularly on the road against a team that made it to the Cup Finals last year and has a chance to return with one more win.

I'm pulling for Tampa, but I'm not hopeful. At all.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I get a little warm and fuzzy when I see Lidstrom in those Captain Morgan ads. Although it could just be that I'm thinking about rum.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Yess ducks lose!

Red Wings fan rooting for Hawks? Does not compute.

I'd like nothing more than to see both teams lose in a horribly humiliating way. Maybe someone pants' Toews, Kane, Keith, Shaw, Seabrook, Getzlaf, Kesler, and Perry at the same time and they all go home in embarrassment. Now that'd be a satisfying ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad