Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part II: The Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone watching this Hawks-Ducks game?

The Blackhawks are putting on an absolute clinic in the offensive zone. So much skill on that team.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This was maybe the biggest game of the season so far. The Hawks were pumped up for this game and won.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
flyers re-sign mason.. 3 years at 4.1 mil.

i don't think that's a good deal for flyers.

Anyone watching this Hawks-Ducks game?

The Blackhawks are putting on an absolute clinic in the offensive zone. So much skill on that team.

since last year, ducks had been maybe the worst fit for hawks (avs making solid case, too). was little surprised how easy hawks managed to handle them, mostly. though almost choked it at the end. Q deserves some credit there, though ducks didn't play their best game.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

BeUG766CUAI69Uk.jpg

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Tortorella is a moron, not only did he cause himself a major fine, his organization will get fined and they're trying to fight for a playoff spot. Now they have a ton of guys ejected. Just an idiot.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Yeah, the league is going to come down hard on Torts for that one.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Man, the Lightning are good. They'll be scary with Stamkos back.
They ride red hot Bishop, he is one of the hottest goalies in the league.
wow. totorella just tried to take on the flames team in the hallway during the intermission lol
Love it

:)
Tortorella is a moron, not only did he cause himself a major fine, his organization will get fined and they're trying to fight for a playoff spot. Now they have a ton of guys ejected. Just an idiot.

I loved it. I love That they Are so passionate about the game.

Johnz96*

They ride red hot Bishop, he is one of the hottest goalies in the league.

Love it

:)

I loved it. I love That they Are so passionate about the game.

Yeah. There's no way they would be the 2nd highest scoring team in the conference without Bishop.

Johnz96*

except pens, bruins, sens and jackets have better goals per game ratio.

bishop has the best sv% among starters.

tampa isn't all bishop but he's been the MVP.

Actually TB has a higher GPG than the Sens and the Jackets.
9 realgud kids (who have all played less than 40 games coming into the season, most of whom lost the Calder Cup Championship to the Griffs last year) contributing, a realgud 2C and no washed up vets draggin the team down have also been a factors.
Bishop's been great but his stats wouldn't be as good without a good team in front of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Actually TB has a higher GPG than the Sens and the Jackets.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20142ALLSAAAll&sort=avgGoalsPerGame&viewName=summary

really?

even then, they wouldn't be second.

9 realgud kids (who have all played less than 40 games coming into the seasons, most of whom lost the Calder Cup Championship to the Griffs last year) contributing, a realgud 2C and no washed up vets draggin the team down have also been a factors.

yes?

they have been better team and their management has made smart decisions and have drafted well and their core players are mostly young and on upswing etc.

Bishop's been great but his stats wouldn't be as good without a good team in front of him.

is that also why lindbäck has more than 0.5% worse sv% than him?

Johnz96*

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20142ALLSAAAll&sort=avgGoalsPerGame&viewName=summary

really?

even then, they wouldn't be second.

yes?

they have been better team and their management has made smart decisions and have drafted well and their core players are mostly young and on upswing etc.

is that also why lindbäck has more than 0.5% worse sv% than him?

Then they would be 3rd, I said they were the 2nd highest scoring team in the conference, which is true.
Lindback hasn't been good.

Except for the realgud 2C, take away the washed up vets and the Wings have the same thing except a coach that would utilize them properly.
As Vladdy eloquently coined it.
'Take out the trash and bring in Blash' and we have a contender.

Last edited by a moderator:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Except for the realgud 2C, take away the washed up vets and the Wings have the same thing except a coach that would utilize them properly.

i think they are about on par with tampa when healthy. would be pretty even 7 game series imo. bishop has been overall better than howie this season but he might fall back a bit.

can't fully agree with second part. utilizing properly is relative.

As Vladdy eloquently coined it.
'Take out the trash and bring in Blash' and we have a contender.

i don't see them as legit contender. with that D. they might get a hot streak going but teams can exploit that meh D, as hawks did last year.

on forwards they are pretty good. not up to par with some of the others but solid.

Johnz96*

i think they are about on par with tampa when healthy. would be pretty even 7 game series imo. bishop has been overall better than howie this season but he might fall back a bit.

can't fully agree with second part. utilizing properly is relative.

i don't see them as legit contender. with that D. they might get a hot streak going but teams can exploit that meh D, as hawks did last year.

on forwards they are pretty good. not up to par with some of the others but solid.

Tampa isn't healthy either. The only way we compete with them is without the useless vets draggin the team down and a coach who isn't an idiot.
Utilizing properly like TBs 2C is being utilized this year.
Our d should be better than last year becuase they are young and more experienced. Smith and Lashoff are definitely better and DeKeyser is gettin even beter as well. Replace Quincey with Marchenko or Almquist and it is even more improved.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Tampa isn't healthy either. The only way we compete with them is without the useless vets draggin the team down and a coach who isn't an idiot.
Utilizing properly like TBs 2C is being utilized this year.

no, but they haven't suffered from injuries as badly.

i don't feel like responding to the rest of the stuff as we have been throught that a lot of times and you didn't respond to my arguments then.

Our d should be better than last year becuase they are young and more experienced. Smith and Lashoff are definitely better and DeKeyser is gettin even beter as well. Replace Quincey with Marchenko or Almquist and it is even more improved.

they are better than last year but so are many other team's D. this year has pretty much showed so far that they aren't good enough at moving the puck.

that's still around 15th best D in NHL, give or take few spots.

i don't think marchenko or almquist would do better at quincey role. sure didn't show that when they were up. quincey is asked to do too much and play in a role he's not good enough.

even if we assume that they would be better than Q, i really don't see them being better than what other teams have to offer.

Johnz96*

no, but they haven't suffered from injuries as badly.

i don't feel like responding to the rest of the stuff as we have been throught that a lot of times and you didn't respond to my arguments then.

they are better than last year but so are many other team's D. this year has pretty much showed so far that they aren't good enough at moving the puck.

that's still around 15th best D in NHL, give or take few spots.

i don't think marchenko or almquist would do better at quincey role. sure didn't show that when they were up. quincey is asked to do too much and play in a role he's not good enough.

even if we assume that they would be better than Q, i really don't see them being better than what other teams have to offer.

I was busy adding up shot totals in the CCF.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If you're not watching this Boston-Chicago game right now, you should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad