Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part II: The Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnz96*

In response to the comments at the end of part 1 saying we got the wrong Smith brother.
I think Brendan is not being utilized properly.
WTF is Babcock thinking??? Blashill always played Smith on the PP and never on the PK and that's how it should be.
He plays tentatively and seems too scared of **** up rather than just playing.
I think once he gets unleashed and starts racking up some points on the PP his game and confidence will come together.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1 min
Happy to report @Real_ESPNLeBrun has agreed to terms with TSN and will remain an integral part of our hockey department for years to come.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ray Ferraro ‏@rayferrarotsn 1 min
1) So ends a day on twitter where nameless people w no balls to put their names on anything take potshots.. Funny how u guys tell me how

Ray Ferraro ‏@rayferrarotsn 36 s
To do my job, yet I'd never be so presumptuous to tell you how to do theirs... Again presuming you have one

seems like some leafs fans got pissed about that comment..

Johnz96*

Filppula scored 2 goals with less than 3 minutes in regulation to tie the game against the Islanders tonight and then scores in the SO to lead the Lightning to victory and 4 points ahead of the Wings with 2 games in hand.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1h
WSH's Tom Wilson has a noon ET hearing tomorrow with NHL for his hit last night on PHI's Brayden Schenn.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2 h
TOR has decided Morgan Rielly will NOT be loaned to Canada's national junior team for the WJC.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3h
Now that CAN's nat'l jr team knows it's not getting Morgan Rielly from TOR, Scott Laughton (OSH-PHI) is strong contender to be team captain.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
good to see. I don't think there was any intent behind the hit, but damn it was dumb. Not sure how Quincey didn't get suspended, though.

Yeah, frankly I don't see how Quincey hasn't had a hearing scheduled yet. Hits like the one he made are just dangerous and dumb.

EDIT:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 46m
Wings' Kyle Quincey won't be suspended for hit on Ducks' Ryan Getzlaf, Ken Holland said.

Last edited:

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Filppula scored 2 goals with less than 3 minutes in regulation to tie the game against the Islanders tonight and then scores in the SO to lead the Lightning to victory and 4 points ahead of the Wings with 2 games in hand.
Dead horse but Hudler has 30 points - twice as many as the next guy

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Yeah, frankly I don't see how Quincey hasn't had a hearing scheduled yet. Hits like the one he made are just dangerous and dumb.

Weird.. it was oddly similar to the Phaneuf suspension.. Not really a headshot though, just a dumb boarding from behind that smashed his face in.

Perhaps 5 and a game was enough? He deserved more than Dion, imo.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 5 min
BREAKING: #stlblues and Alexander Steen agree in principle to 3-year, $17.4 million contract extension ($5.8 AAV)

I think they where really smart with the years. The contract could hurt if he regresses but it is not a clarkson term that will stranglehold you for years to come.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
brunner had pretty sweet goal last night.

gelinas has such a bomb of a shot.

I think they where really smart with the years. The contract could hurt if he regresses but it is not a clarkson term that will stranglehold you for years to come.

i'm very impressed how they could limit the term to 3 years.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
828330565.gif

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Weird.. it was oddly similar to the Phaneuf suspension.. Not really a headshot though, just a dumb boarding from behind that smashed his face in.

Perhaps 5 and a game was enough? He deserved more than Dion, imo.

I haven't looked at the suspension video but Phaneuf did it in a game that was out of reach, could play a role. I think it's obvious Q's was clumsy(what in his game isn't..) but not dirty.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
I haven't looked at the suspension video but Phaneuf did it in a game that was out of reach, could play a role. I think it's obvious Q's was clumsy(what in his game isn't..) but not dirty.

Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln