Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part II: The Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
murray sucks hasn't been news since 11-12.

wild are making it tighter than i thought. think hawks win it, same with boston. had rangers winning the pens but i have to think pens can finish them.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm definitely smelling some G7's coming up. I have CHI, ANA, BOS, NYR on my bracket but it might go the other way completely really.

Surprised Chicago lost both on the road though.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'm definitely smelling some G7's coming up. I have CHI, ANA, BOS, NYR on my bracket but it might go the other way completely really.

Surprised Chicago lost both on the road though.

Yeah, given how bad Minnesota's goaltending has been that was a total shock to me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
20 year old John Gibson stepping in and looking like a stud so far tonight.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I really hope the Pens lose game seven and Fleury gives up a couple softies within the first five minutes of the game.

Expect the Hawks to move on and Kings to beat the Hawks in the WCF.

Kings end up winning the cup.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I really hope the Pens lose game seven and Fleury gives up a couple softies within the first five minutes of the game.

Expect the Hawks to move on and Kings to beat the Hawks in the WCF.

Kings end up winning the cup.

i think there would be some big changes in pittsburgh if they manage to complete teh collapse.

hawks have managed the past couple of season to exploit the lack of speed (and skill) of kings. this time might be different but i think hawks would still come ahead.

repeat finals with bruins winning it. seidenberg could come back soon and kelly would also be nice addition.

though i might be just hoping that B's would win and get the cup for iggy. chara hasn't been the beast he has been in the past and could get exposed like last year.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
i think there would be some big changes in pittsburgh if they manage to complete teh collapse.

hawks have managed the past couple of season to exploit the lack of speed (and skill) of kings. this time might be different but i think hawks would still come ahead.

repeat finals with bruins winning it. seidenberg could come back soon and kelly would also be nice addition.

though i might be just hoping that B's would win and get the cup for iggy. chara hasn't been the beast he has been in the past and could get exposed like last year.

Your scenario sounds plausible.

Wouldn't be shocked one bit if that ended up happening.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Kings back-end is pretty beat up, but they are still a hell of a lot healthier than they were last years. Yes the Hawks beat them pretty soundly, but keep in mind the injuries that immediately rolled out after that series. We will see, but if LA comes out healthy and up front they are, they could use some back-end health but that could look very different.

Keep in mind the Blues believed both Toews and Keith were carrying injuries, now they might be getting better against the Wild, but the Kings are one of the few teams that could pound Keith into ineffectiveness.

But as you said even if they make it through, if it is the Bruins waiting that will have a different feel. Then again the Hawks have been living a pretty charmed life as most Cup winners do in terms of luck of the draw, they would have had a horrible time with the Avs speed had they advanced.

It will be interesting to see, but I don't think the Hawks will do it this year. I think we have Kings vs. Bruins and right now, I like LA if they can get some of their guys back.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know he is young, but Gibson has that certain Roy like superstar while young quality or at the very least that Cam Ward look to him in terms of what his young talent means to this team. A lot of us know that he is the best goalie not in the NHL most of the season, but what a wrinkle he is for that team where Goaltending is their biggest weakness in my opinion.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I can't remember so many groin shots.

Well, if you can't aim for the head anymore...

Look, I have no idea how to make reference to the league cracking down on headshots when talking about groin shots and somehow not have it come out crude. :laugh:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Like I was saying, smelling some G7's..

Finally some bad blood in the Pens-Rangers series. Should be a great game tonight. Also I don't like excuses in a 7 game series, but I think the Rangers got screwed by the early scheduling of this series so I'm glad they forced a decider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad