Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part II: The Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnz96*

Hudler with a goal and an assist (setting up the game tying goal with 5 seconds to go) to lead Clagary to a come from behind victory over the Blues,
Filppula also scored a goal and an assist tonight.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
they might have been shopping those players but not to wings.

Boston is one of those teams that strikes me as if we put the best offer on the table they would still pull the trigger. Now whether we could ever put the best offer on the table is another matter, but I don't think they are afraid to go in division if they liked the return.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2 min
Leafs and Hurricanes trying to complete Tim Gleason trade. It's not done, still some work to do, but it's headed towards conclusion. #tsn

Johnz96*

Leafs and Hurricanes trying to complete Tim Gleason trade. It's not done, still some work to do, but it's headed towards conclusion. #tsn

I think Gleason would be a perfect fit for the Wings if they had the cap space, or assets to pursue a deal.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Division rival of Steve Ott,

794ccc4e908a1b838de422ef6a921c898a6a572a71a89d4486d937462343e2a4.jpg

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Igor Eronko ‏@IgorEronko 1 min
Legendary Sergei Fedorov will play for #CSKA in today's game with Rochester Americans #SpenglerCup

Seeing Sergei in the interviews before/during the game yesterday, and the guy was likeable as hell. Watching the interviews, I just kept wondering where that Fedorov was the entire time he was here. I know it's not fair to hold it against a guy for not being a great interview, but he seemed more warm and open than at any point that I can remember. He'd be remembered a lot differently if that was the sergei we more often saw.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Seeing Sergei in the interviews before/during the game yesterday, and the guy was likeable as hell. Watching the interviews, I just kept wondering where that Fedorov was the entire time he was here. I know it's not fair to hold it against a guy for not being a great interview, but he seemed more warm and open than at any point that I can remember. He'd be remembered a lot differently if that was the sergei we more often saw.

lot of athletes have similar curve.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Anahiem just signed Cogliano to a 4 year, 12M contract. Ducks fans ecstatic.

This coming after the ridiculous signing of Bonino for $1.9M over the next 3 years.

And Cam Fowler is signed to just $4M for the next 5 years and he's already playing like a top-pairing defenseman.

Meanwhile, Anaheim is arguably the best team in the league and 16-0-2 at home....

Crazy good for Murray and Boudreau over there.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
BB is still gonna choke in playoffs. business as usual.

that's my guess.

Yeah I don't look at them much different than I did last year. I am impressed with how well they play transition hockey, but when you get really detailed and have everything on the line you will be more careful with them. Lindholm and Fowler should improve their D as they continue to grow and get better. But still they have weak goaltending and special teams, when everything ratchets up they could have problems.

Brandel*

really hope florida can pull through tonight in montreal, would definitely rather be top 3 in our division than sitting in wildcard. bos/pits first round wouldn't be fun.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
really hope florida can pull through tonight in montreal, would definitely rather be top 3 in our division than sitting in wildcard. bos/pits first round wouldn't be fun.

I think it might be best to catch one of them early before they get on their games. Outside of getting them after a long, physically exhausting series, I'd rather get them before they get rolling.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 13 h
Pending successful negotiation of contract with BUF, OTT assistant GM Tim Murray will be next GM of the Sabres.

Growing # of NHL GMs frustrated by NHL rules not permitting clubs to be compensated for losing off-ice personnel to other clubs.

DET GM Ken Holland/CGY prez Brian Burke spearheading long-standing pro-compensation forces. Others joining in after lengthy BUF GM search.

To be clear on BUF GM, while T Murray is last man standing, formal offer, negotiation, ownership approval etc all still remain to be done.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pending successful negotiation of contract with BUF, OTT assistant GM Tim Murray will be next GM of the Sabres.

Growing # of NHL GMs frustrated by NHL rules not permitting clubs to be compensated for losing off-ice personnel to other clubs.

DET GM Ken Holland/CGY prez Brian Burke spearheading long-standing pro-compensation forces. Others joining in after lengthy BUF GM search.

To be clear on BUF GM, while T Murray is last man standing, formal offer, negotiation, ownership approval etc all still remain to be done.

That a boy Kenny get this hammered through so we don't lose Blashill for nothing.

I don't think you can name a team that has been hit harder than us over the last decade plus with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad