Jul 27, 2010
828330565.gif

That was a pretty sick goal. Too bad he got hurt :(

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Gaborik breaks his collar bone. Guy cant get a break with injuries

Yeah, that's just bad luck. Pretty tough to call a broken bone "injury prone". Unless his bone density levels are awful. :laugh:

Do we think he'd be one of the Wings trade targets. Isn't he unlikely to sign in Columbus?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Yeah, that's just bad luck. Pretty tough to call a broken bone "injury prone". Unless his bone density levels are awful. :laugh:

Do we think he'd be one of the Wings trade targets. Isn't he unlikely to sign in Columbus?

Khan tweeted last spring that the Wings weren't interested in him.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

I like Gaborik. He's a natural goal scorer. He's not the guy you want to lean on to hold a lead, though, I'll give you that. Nor is he a guy I'd make a centerpiece to a team.

Kinda the whole Semin thing all over again.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I like Gaborik. He's a natural goal scorer. He's not the guy you want to lean on to hold a lead, though, I'll give you that. Nor is he a guy I'd make a centerpiece to a team.

semin would be one of the best wingers on red wings defensively.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

For my money Semin is a top 20 defensive wingers in the entire league. So yeah a lot of that is Russian hate and a complete myth, guy has a ton of defensive acumen.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
For my money Semin is a top 20 defensive wingers in the entire league. So yeah a lot of that is Russian hate and a complete myth, guy has a ton of defensive acumen.

The point was more noting a talented scoring winger the Wings don't want, not making a 1 to 1 between the two players.

I have a hard time predicting who the Wings think is a good fit to score goals, other than Rick Nash.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The point was more noting a talented scoring winger the Wings don't want, not making a 1 to 1 between the two players.

I have a hard time predicting who the Wings think is a good fit to score goals, other than Rick Nash.

Who I am very glad the Wings didn't want to give up enough to get, even though I guess Columbus would never trade him to us, oh what is that he is in your division now, way to go.:laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Who I am very glad the Wings didn't want to give up enough to get, even though I guess Columbus would never trade him to us, oh what is that he is in your division now, way to go.:laugh:

That was some terrific irony.

And the two teams traded a bunch of players and neither has shown much improvement.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
That was some terrific irony.

And the two teams traded a bunch of players and neither has shown much improvement.

If anything I think NYR really overvalued Nash because he hasn't led them to the promised land as I think they thought he would.

Johnz96*

Most times that I have watched him, I have seen him float. Acumen is nothing without effort especially when it comes to defensive hockey.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Most times that I have watched him, I have seen him float. Acumen is nothing without effort especially when it comes to defensive hockey.

I have rarely seen that, to each his own, I just think this is something that is made up and people follow religiously that makes me laugh. Like when are you seeing this? The last time we played him he single handily thwarted a Datsyuk breakaway angling him perfectly and completing the play and that is something maybe 20 guys in the entire league can make.

He is often hard on the back-check, has a terrific defensive stick and is a very good short-handed player. Save for a very few instances on a team that had no defensive culture whatsoever I have always been extremely impressed with Semin's defense. Guess people can go harder, but for me this really is the NA media and many fans buying into a narrative on a player that is simply not true. I have rarely noticed it, flip around a lot on nights the Wings aren't on and will watch his team in particular because I am a big fan of how he plays in every zone.

He is a heck of a lot closer to Hossa than he is to Kovalev.

Also think this tag is generally interesting when thrown out there, certainly there are Europeans that have been almost all offense, but honestly not many. They generally are out of the NHL in a hurry if this is the case, which makes this stereotype a little funny. Most of the guys when you look around the league that play awful defense and actually make a career of it are from NA.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If anything I think NYR really overvalued Nash because he hasn't led them to the promised land as I think they thought he would.

Nash has always been overrated, he might be an all-star but he is not a superstar and there is a rather large difference there. I was very glad we didn't pay the price for Nash, although quite frankly I think NY decisively won the Gaborik trade, though it seems the combination of both has done nothing except hurt chemistry.

The amazing part all though he has been injured a little bit, it actually has gone better than I thought it would in New York, really about as well as could be expected given the player we actually know him to be in division all these years.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Always wanted Rick Nash. It would probably take Mantha to get him though. Franzen + Mantha + 1st. As much was I would love to see Nash in a Red Wings sweater that's too much. Just have to hope Mantha is the real deal, I've seen the list, but nothing is guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00