Around the NHL #14 - Offseason and junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
If Calgary really had their pick of coaches (inc Boudreau) and went with ****ing Glen Gulutzan, Treliving ought to be fired. There is no way that actually happened.
It did and it's nothing to be sad of.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Poor guy. What happened to him? I know he never was consistent but that's a nightmare.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I mean, he is a player that needs to be propped up by his linemates a little, and there's a whole lot of suck going around on the Avalanche. I don't know if there's a single player on that team who isn't having a nightmare season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He's an average complimentary player at best, and he doesn't have anyone to click well with.

Crazy that we were bouncing around the idea of it being a good signing; he'd be another Bouma... and we already have one of those wasted spots.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's not fair to blame the Avs when he's a big reason why they suck so much.

I don't really think so. It's not a matter of the depth not being good enough on that team to keep up with the leaders. The leaders aren't good enough, and the whole team has been disengaged since November.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Has to be a reference to this post. I'm not sure what's the point when I'm not blaming the Avs for Colborne's struggle and he's getting bottom 6er money.

Ah. Well, to say someone is a big reason they suck so much when they're a bottom sixer is usually a pretty dubious statement. Just compare the Avs without Colborne (he's been scratched a bunch) to the Avs with Colborne. Unless you're suggesting there was someone else they would have gotten with those $2.5M, he doesn't appear to be a factor at all.

We all know that Joe is better than a 1 point in 40 games player on an average NHL, because we've seen that on an average NHL team. He was close to 0.5ppg during his time here. So it makes a lot more sense that he's being affected by the Avs' lack of ability to support him than the Avs are affected by his inability to drive them.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Ah. Well, to say someone is a big reason they suck so much when they're a bottom sixer is usually a pretty dubious statement. Just compare the Avs without Colborne (he's been scratched a bunch) to the Avs with Colborne. Unless you're suggesting there was someone else they would have gotten with those $2.5M, he doesn't appear to be a factor at all.

We all know that Joe is better than a 1 point in 40 games player on an average NHL, because we've seen that on an average NHL team. He was close to 0.5ppg during his time here. So it makes a lot more sense that he's being affected by the Avs' lack of ability to support him than the Avs are affected by his inability to drive them.
I think there's a lot of factors at play (Iginla, Colborne, Landeskog, coaching, goaltending, etc) but the most important one is how they relied way too much on Erik Johnson to do anything on both side of the rink.

I'm suggesting the opposite: not blaming a 2.5M$ players for everything. I can blame the coach for falling in love with him but that's on the coach.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wouldn't at all be opposed to the Flames acquiring Colborne or Jimmy Hayes at the deadline for a 5th or 6th round pick.

That's so sad about the Red Wings owner. One of the good ones in the game, not like that piece of trash running the Knicks.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't at all be opposed to the Flames acquiring Colborne or Jimmy Hayes at the deadline for a 5th or 6th round pick.

That's so sad about the Red Wings owner. One of the good ones in the game, not like that piece of trash running the Knicks.

Pretty sure the Flames felt lucky that they didnt spend money on Coborne

Besides, they already have enough overpaid 4th liner, they dont need another one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad