• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Galchenyuk and Kotkaniemi, two 3rd overall picks which were horrible choices.
Galchenyuk was not a horrible choice. He was highly touted and projected during his draft year. He was a great choice and showed good skillset, but his environment and entourage plus his lack of hockey sense later on showed why he was stagnated in his development and failed. And, Therrien didn’t help by moving him to wing and center every other games, never had consistency.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Galchenyuk was not a horrible choice. He was highly touted and projected during his draft year. He was a great choice and showed good skillset, but his environment and entourage plus his lack of hockey sense later on showed why he was stagnated in his development and failed. And, Therrien didn’t help by moving him to wing and center every other games, never had consistency.
And the pace of the game ramped up significantly - pace was never a strength of his combined w lack of hockey IQ & lack of professionalism spelled doomsday

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
No I don’t think he’s done enough to have a guaranteed spot next year. He started the AHL season scorching hot, but was nowhere to be found for the most part afterwards. He’s only 20 and he needs to find more consistency in his game.

for me, it all depends on how we want to use him. He needs more quality time, more PP, even PK. After all, he's the only guy on the pipeline that I believe good enough to take Caufield spot. I dont realy care if we lose spots on the rankings but better invest where we should and Roy should be the priority.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
The “replacing Dach” narrative regarding Lindstrom is crazy. As if they’d just immediately discard Dach if they drafted Lindstrom. Crazy to see Habs fans writing him off. If they take Lindstrom, Dach will still play C for a couple seasons at least. They could play on the same line and switch off C as well. Having two guys like that on the same line, it wouldn’t even matter which one played C.
I don’t pencil dach into the lineup at all. His injury history is horrendous. He’s a bonus surprise if he plays 60 games. Replace him.

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Looking over the NHL draft pick value:

27th 3.2
58 1.2

What if Hughes and Gorton trades both the 27th overall pick and 58th overall pick to move up to the 17-18th overall pick?

Beckett Sennecke and Liam Greentree are both projected to to 15-18th in the draft.

Me thinks we could end up with one of (Demidov, Lindstrom) and (Sennecke, Greentree) this draft.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC

27th 3.2
58 1.2

What if Hughes and Gorton trades both the 27th overall pick and 58th overall pick to move up to the 17-18th overall pick?

Beckett Sennecke and Liam Greentree are both projected to to 15-18th in the draft.

Me thinks we could end up with one of (Demidov, Lindstrom) and (Sennecke, Greentree) this draft.

Sennecke will most likely be taken in the top 15 (I'd have him 12th on my personal list and it wouldn't surprise me if he actually goes late top 10 ), so trading-up to get him would cost us more than a single second-round pick.

In truth, we'd probably need to pony-up the Flames' (the Panthers' really) first in 2025 in addition to the 26th pick of this year's draft in order to entice teams in the 12-15 range.

As for Greentree, well, I'd rather that we draft a guy like Surin or Chernyshov to him.

But your concept still works, we COULD trade-up with Winnipeg's first + lesser picks this year, we have enough quantity of prospects and draft equity in the next two drafts to do it if our scouts identify a guy they really like that could be available in that range.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The thing I like is KH has been good at vetting personalities and the off ice circumstances of players, and I trust that whoever he picks at 5OA will fit in to our group and be a gamer.

Reactions: Rozz and BLONG7

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
IF both Lindstrom and Demidov are available at #5,

And we pick Lindstrom...

Is everyone okay with that?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Not to defend MB but we had problem to draft good forwards player before him too
Somewhat true...............but Bergevin was left with some pretty nice forwards also, in Max and Pleks but agree drafting forwards has been a series of miss after miss.

Good on the current regime for already having a few hits up front.....now on to this years draft where surely we take a forward with number 5 and trade assets to get another young forward ala Dach/Newhook status.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
at least the D going at 5 are good. I don't think I've heard anyone talk about red flags other than silayev's offensive ability. If the prospect is top notch, I'll be happy regardless of position.
If they didn't have red flags, they would be surefire options at #1/#2 and they aren't.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I would love to see what a line of Slaf-Lindstrom-Dach can do. Potential to be one of the most physically dominant line in the league

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I have him after Demidov.

Lindstrom, while I get the appeal, has too many risk factors imo.

My fear is we just go with Iginla for the sake of it if our pick is taken.
I'm not sure I like spending a 5OA pick on a guy who you'd be happy if you got at Guhle's rank (16).

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
at least the D going at 5 are good. I don't think I've heard anyone talk about red flags other than silayev's offensive ability. If the prospect is top notch, I'll be happy regardless of position.
I trust this management group far more than the last one. My out look has gone from please don't screw this up, to I wonder who they like.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

27th 3.2
58 1.2

Winnipeg draft rank is 26th.

According to Examining the value of NHL Draft picks - Sound Of Hockey

26th has a value of 173.80
57th has a value of 46.50
Total is 220. 30 which is between the value of a 20th and 21st OA pick.

Depending on trade partner, you might need to give more to pull that off. A late second/early 3rd or equivalent player perhaps?

Last edited:
Reactions: Leto and Deebs

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Winnipeg draft rank is 26th.

Accordinig to Examining the value of NHL Draft picks - Sound Of Hockey

26th has a value of 173.80
57th has a value of 46.50
Total is 220. 30 which is between the value of a 20th and 21st OA pick.

Depending on trade partner, you might need to give more to pull that off. A late second/early 3rd or equivalent player perhaps?
We have lots of picks and prospects to make that happen and we should if there is a guy we like available. I'd like to move up to the teens if possible.

Reactions: Rozz and Leto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad