Around the NHL #14 - Offseason and junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
My god, Chiarelli is such a fraud. Can't wait for Russell's contract!

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Really like that trade for the Oilers, not gonna lie. Strome could still become a top-line guy, particularly if he plays on McDavid or Draisaitl's wing.

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Kulak needs to play and a spot is open for him. Acquire an rd instead for the bottom pairing. There's no reason for Kulak to be warming the bench for Schlemko.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I just can't see a scenario where he signs for what is essentially the max salary, that only makes sense if he doesn't really want to be in Edmonton.

On the other hand, they're sitting on $24M cap space or something right now with just a few players unsigned. Must be harder to convince an agent to take a hometown discount when it won't actually bear fruit for a few years.

That said, I imagine this is like the $9M ask from Gio. I think McDavid gets north of $10M.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
On the other hand, they're sitting on $24M cap space or something right now with just a few players unsigned. Must be harder to convince an agent to take a hometown discount when it won't actually bear fruit for a few years.

That said, I imagine this is like the $9M ask from Gio. I think McDavid gets north of $10M.

It's just the initial ask. They'll probably only offer like 7

Do we know that this is the 'ask' though? That tweet doesn't specify either way.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Do we know that this is the 'ask' though? That tweet doesn't specify either way.

Really, the way the tweet is worded (could be careless wording) implies that that's the number they are currently settling upon, not an initial ask.

Also entirely possible that the whispers are just hockey people speculating, not leaks. Like, I just whispered it to a co-worker (who has no idea what I'm talking about) which means no matter what, the tweet is now true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille