Around the NHL #14 - Offseason and junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pretty typical of Chris Nichols to quote an insider in a misleading way. There's a reason the insiders don't like him.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Those are both nightmare contracts for the Oilers lmao

Good luck signing literally any other player when McDavid takes up a fifth of your cap

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Safe-ish bet Draisaitl and McDavid take up roughly 20M combined. Which is why the Oilers first McCup window opens and closes next year. Any future windows will depend on their ability to draft and develop. Case in point, the Penguins who struggled for years despite having Crosby and Malkin as their big pieces. It was only when they developed Murray, Guentzal, Sheary, Dumoulin, Rust, etc., internally that they had the depth to win back to back cups.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Kypreos is usually a horrible analyst but he did make a good point a month ago when he said that it's very unlikely that there'll be a big difference in the cap hits of McDavid's and Draisaitl's contracts (for example, 11m for McD and 7 for Drai). Both will either ask for the moon or settle for less.

There's also the pipe dream of a potential Draisaitl offersheet by someone like Arizona or Carolina.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
And now Tippett is gone.

http://www.tsn.ca/coyotes-tippett-mutually-part-ways-1.786882

ferris-day-off-could-not-be-complete-without-his-best-friend-cameron-played-by-alan-ruck-in-ferris-b_tumb_660.jpg

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Thanks Wideman

Were it not for your unmoveable contract, Russell might be entering year two of being an anchor.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Thanks Wideman

Were it not for your unmoveable contract, Russell might be entering year two of being an anchor.

No Russel on the Flames AND we lose Engelland.

What a time to be alive. Only 1 go (Bartkowski), but knowing Tre he'll bring in another d-man who has no idea what he is doing out there, but TOUGHNESS BRO.

But I'll save that for a day when it happens (hopefully never), today we dine knowing the Oilers have Russel for 4 years at $4m year (potentially).

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Hopefully they sign McJesus to 14 mil contract and this Russel deal is 4 mil. He deserves to make his money.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Lmao. I love Russell the person but Russell the player is not worth 4x4. That's hilarious.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Lmao. I love Russell the person but Russell the player is not worth 4x4. That's hilarious.

This is a win-win. Real nice dude with a family gets 16 million dollars, real ****** team gets an anchor contract.

Think about this - if McPlayoffs really gets 14mil, over the next four years Edmonton will be spending almost the same amount on him and Russell as Chicago is spending on Kane and Toews :laugh:

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
This is a win-win. Real nice dude with a family gets 16 million dollars, real ****** team gets an anchor contract.

Think about this - if McPlayoffs really gets 14mil, over the next four years Edmonton will be spending almost the same amount on him and Russell as Chicago is spending on Kane and Toews :laugh:

I hope this happens. It would take them straight to cap hell. Also, saw the below quote on the Oiler Board as well - had a real good laugh. Drai =\= Doughty/Petro etc :laugh:

yeh, at that price point I would ship him out. 7M should be his max..
trade his ass if he commands more. Should net a very good haul considering his last season.

We should be able to get just about any Dman of our choice including Doughty, Parayko and Pieterangelo

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
yeh, at that price point I would ship him out. 7M should be his max..
trade his ass if he commands more. Should net a very good haul considering his last season.

We should be able to get just about any Dman of our choice including Doughty, Parayko and Pieterangelo

panel-106547709-image-69633a78026b82e4-320-320.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad