Around the NHL #14 - Offseason and junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think Murphy is already a top-4 and he's only been 24 for a few months.

I view him as a #5, and an average one at that. The real issue I see is that he hasn't improved all that much the last couple seasons. I'm a bit skeptical of his upside.

Chicago clearly likes him though, if he does get to the same level as Hammer, then this deal works out nicely for them. I am just skeptical that will be the case.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I view him as a #5, and an average one at that. The real issue I see is that he hasn't improved all that much the last couple seasons. I'm a bit skeptical of his upside.

Chicago clearly likes him though, if he does get to the same level as Hammer, then this deal works out nicely for them. I am just skeptical that will be the case.
I think the biggest issue in Arizona has been Tippett tbh, he's been riding off his reputation for several years and hasn't implemented a decent system there in several years.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Chicago is going ham today.

Panarin for Saad deal makes so little sense to me.

What are you talking about, they already have his jerseys printed and a locker with his name on it and everything, they're saving a bunch of money :sarcasm:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Chayka going full on NHL 17 this offseason.

Raanta + Stepan for DeAngelo + 7th oa

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Unless we stick the Caps with an offersheet for Grubauer, it appears as if we'll be dumpster diving for a backup. Sad

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The metrics must speak for themselves. 7oa has poor metrics compared to an actual NHL player.

Eh, I like it. It is really EA NHL style, have holes in my lineup? Fill them in a few quick moves, time to compete.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
....how the hell we didn't beat that offer? Obsession with L-R pairs? Yeah, I doubt it.

If BT trades for Hamonic and Methot that would blow even more given how cheap Hjalmarsson turned out to be.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
....how the hell we didn't beat that offer? Obsession with L-R pairs? Yeah, I doubt it.

If BT trades for Hamonic and Methot that would blow even more given how cheap Hjalmarsson turned out to be.

I think Chicago wanted a young D back in the deal (Murphy). Flames don't have an equivalent one to offer up really. Kulak would be the closest but is far less established.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Yeah, we have no young D near Murphy's level unless we're offering up Brodie or Hamilton, which would be pretty counterintuitive.

Both of the Hawks deals seem more for 2+ years down the line when Panarin will be cashing in big and Hjalmarsson a UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->