Around the NHL #14 - Offseason and junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
With that contract Chiarelli either plans to play Russell in the top 4 (good), or thinks it's a good idea to pay a bottom pair guy 4M (also good).

And he wonders why Boston was in cap hell.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
With that contract Chiarelli either plans to play Russell in the top 4 (good), or thinks it's a good idea to pay a bottom pair guy 4M (also good).

2017 GM of the Year runner-up

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

To be fair the Oilers system is pretty much bone dry. Who are they going to need to pay in the next 4 years?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Really hope the Oilers end up in cap trouble. It might make playing McJesus a little easier on us.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Really hope the Oilers end up in cap trouble. It might make playing McJesus a little easier on us.

Draisaitl, and now Strome if he hits anything near to his ceiling. Also Nurse if he's a top 3 d-man like it looks like he could be.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Dauphin is pretty cool, has some decent potential IMO. Don't know much about Murphy.

Still though, Hawks are getting gutted this year.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Murphy has a similar cap hit to Hammer, and its a 5 year deal. Murphy is significantly worse than Hammer. I'm not as familiar with Dauphin but I don't really like it for Chicago.

Murphy is still a very young player, could end up as a top four guy although I'm not holding my breath. It's not an awful return but I figured the Hawks would be getting more.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Murphy is still a very young player, could end up as a top four guy although I'm not holding my breath. It's not an awful return but I figured the Hawks would be getting more.

I mean, hes 24. That's still young but its also old enough where he should be starting to make significant progress.

Like I said he is signed 5 years, if he fails to make that jump to a real top 4D, that contract will be an albatross.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Murphy has a similar cap hit to Hammer, and its a 5 year deal. Murphy is significantly worse than Hammer. I'm not as familiar with Dauphin but I don't really like it for Chicago.
Murphy is also significantly younger (6-7 years iirc). I think that played a huge part in this deal for the Hawks. I think they lose the trade for the first 2 years, then after that they win it when Murphy becomes every bit as good as Hammer. The kid is a stud.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I mean, hes 24. That's still young but its also old enough where he should be starting to make significant progress.

Like I said he is signed 5 years, if he fails to make that jump to a real top 4D, that contract will be an albatross.
I think Murphy is already a top-4 and he's only been 24 for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->