Around the Leagues 41: PWHL has more hitting than the Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I agree. I don't think Mantha had a lot of interest as his reputation has been that he goes through stretches where he plays like he doesn't care. This is a contract year and from what I can tell, he's been playing well and is invested. I wouldn't sign him beyond this year, but as a rental, he could have been a good choice. Adds size, can skate well, not afraid of the dirty areas and can pot a few goals.
I get to watch the Caps a lot since my wife is a fan and I live in their territory. Despite his renewed motivation, likely from the contract year as you state, I had lukewarm interest in him at best because contract year or not, I expected there was every chance he'd turn back into the unmotivated floater he's been the last few years. It's probably just a bad taste in my mouth and he likely won't revert until he secures another bag, but I didn't really want him all that much. Even if he finishes the regular season strong, I won't be shocked to see him wilt in the playoffs.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
trying to remember who did that to us against Anaheim one year. Was pre-lockout IIRC.

found the game. looking for Video but it's the Salei goal.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Blackadder was another show where the first season might chase away a prospective watcher. The Shakespear-ish parody written by Rowan Atkinson wasn't particularly strong.

Not that the codpiece scene wouldn't be a classic.

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Possibly...wasn't it rumored he thought about signing with us bc of Orlov?

It sounds like they may also end up getting Patches
Yep back when Florida had no cap space to sign him. Now that Florida has all this LTIR space they use to wait for guys to come back for the playoffs, he wanted Florida

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Players like Iginla, E. Staal, Nyquist, Hall and Giroux have leveraged full clauses and still brought back fair returns.

I don’t think the league sees it with the player anymore. He got squeezed hard in the Summer, don’t forget.

We as fans are reliant on name value. Organizations pay scouts to watch players play.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Deal specifics:

1709752013334.png

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Another guy off the table.....Avs had a weakness but also probably view Byram as one concussion away from retiring:

Avas active: Walker to Avs too:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad