Around the Leagues 41: PWHL has more hitting than the Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
My greatest fear with this team is Rod getting overconfident and believing he can make PLD give consistent effort.
He can't be worse than coconut....who I think looks worse than his first season with us.

The guy probably won't crack 25 pts.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Then look at the finalists and yep, plenty of luck making the finals or ignoring that 9 extra players having a star season as not luck.
Sans the Blues aren't talented performers and rosters primarily winning out? I don't believe things are as fluky as you. Doesn't willingness to make it happen count as well as having the foresight to recognize and address weaknesses rather than rolling the dice and hoping for the best? Coupled with strategic coaching that utilizes said rosters advantageously?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This time they would have to be committing actual fraud. If Stone has a lacerated spleen he absolutely has no business playing until at least the playoffs.

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This time they would have to be committing actual fraud. If Stone has a lacerated spleen he absolutely has no business playing until at least the playoffs.
There's some poster on the trade forum arguing that since posters have never seen the medical report, he's probably faking it.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
It's definitely shady as hell. I'd bet $20 that the league won't ever do anything about it, but I do wish there'd be some bandaid over this shenanigans. Either cap or no cap. No half measures. Solutions could include some form of cap for the playoffs (complicated yes b/c players don't get the same salary schedule), abiding by a cap hit each playoff game, or doing away with retention over 50%. The latter I think is the easiest bandaid.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Its 3 years in a row where he goes on LTIR in the same calendar week right before the deadline, and the previous 2 years he was activated right before Game 1 of the playoffs.

Its cap circumvention. Its blatant, and unless the league does anything about it, I really hope our front office starts paying attention so we can start playing these bullshit games as well.

Oh no, Svech sprained his finger, looks like he needs to go on LTIR right before the deadline. Whatever would we do with the $8m in freed up cap space. Good thing he's expected to return for the playoffs....

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It's definitely shady as hell. I'd bet $20 that the league won't ever do anything about it, but I do wish there'd be some bandaid over this shenanigans. Either cap or no cap. No half measures. Solutions could include some form of cap for the playoffs (complicated yes b/c players don't get the same salary schedule), abiding by a cap hit each playoff game, or doing away with retention over 50%. The latter I think is the easiest bandaid.

And I'd bet $20 if the league requires proof of injury, Vegas happily splurged on a bandaid to put on Mark Stone's tummy.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Its 3 years in a row where he goes on LTIR in the same calendar week right before the deadline, and the previous 2 years he was activated right before Game 1 of the playoffs.

Its cap circumvention. Its blatant, and unless the league does anything about it, I really hope our front office starts paying attention so we can start playing these bullshit games as well.

Oh no, Svech sprained his finger, looks like he needs to go on LTIR right before the deadline. Whatever would we do with the $8m in freed up cap space. Good thing he's expected to return for the playoffs....
Point of order: 2 years ago Mark Stone was activated with around 9 regular season games remaining, we still missed the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad