Around the Leagues 41: PWHL has more hitting than the Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
LOL. This is from way back. This is my cousin who played D1 hockey at the University of Vermont. I used to go watch her play and she still plays in a lot of outdoor tournaments. Don Cherry commented on her shot during an intermission as she's from Chicago. Too funny. I remember seeing this before and forgot about it and don't think I posted it before. Her family are all great athletes and she's just a great person.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
LOL. This is from way back. This is my cousin who played D1 hockey at the University of Vermont. I used to go watch her play and she still plays in a lot of outdoor tournaments. Don Cherry commented on her shot during an intermission as she's from Chicago. Too funny. I remember seeing this before and forgot about it and don't think I posted it before. Her family are all great athletes and she's just a great person.

What color was her shot...I mean shirt? That said, woman was wearing like 4" heels walking out on the ice AND while shooting which is pretty damn impressive, I'd have busted my ass multiple times.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Boston looked like an Ahl team defensively for the first two periods and yet the vaunted Pittsburgh Penguins only lead 5-3 after 2. It’s now tied with 13 minutes left

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Boston looked like an Ahl team defensively for the first two periods and yet the vaunted Pittsburgh Penguins only lead 5-3 after 2. It’s now tied with 13 minutes left
Boy now there's a game where I'm like "can they both lose? Maybe destroy the arena or something?". Boston is being carried by Pasta, Rat Boy, McRatvoy, goaltending, coaching, and honestly a healthy helping of officiating. Their D is ok overall, but their forwards are mostly depth guys. It's basically just "push the other team around until they take penalties or take them out of the play to create an odd-man-rush rush"

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Calgary wins last night but Vlader had an own goal last night. Shot from outside of the zone flicked near the net. Instead of using his blocker to push it by the corner he deflects it in the net

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
IMG_3367.jpeg
Canes and Panthers appearances being blamed in the comments for the league’s Stanley Cup viewership numbers. How about also investing in some modern Advertising and PR support for promotion? Relying on the broadcast partners’ (minimal) efforts is not enough.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
View attachment 796412Canes and Panthers appearances being blamed in the comments for the league’s Stanley Cup viewership numbers. How about also investing in some modern Advertising and PR support for promotion? Relying on the broadcast partners’ (minimal) efforts is not enough.
that just looks like last year though, so how are the Canes relevant?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
What in the common core math is this? :help:

5 + 3 + 5 = 8 + 2
we math differently up here in Canada.

My ability to do maths is not helping me here. What was the final score?
8-5. Was typing up that post and then got called into a meeting and rushed to finish typing the last bit :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad