Around the Leagues 41: PWHL has more hitting than the Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Ok but hear me out here...

Nick Cousins
Cousins certainly has the greatest hits right now, but I’ve never even noticed him before this year. Everytime I see Lomberg I want to punch him in the face. He’s like an actual wrestling heel playing hockey and more power to him for that. He wasn’t even a point per game overager in the USHL and he turned it into an NHL career. So on the one hand, great story. On the other hand, what a piece of shit.

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Cousins certainly has the greatest hits right now, but I’ve never even noticed him before this year. Everytime I see Lomberg I want to punch him in the face. He’s like an actual wrestling heel playing hockey and more power to him for that. He wasn’t even a point per game overager in the USHL and he turned it into an NHL career. So on the one hand, great story. On the other hand, what a price of shit.
Cousins has always been a chippy little shit, but it's like as soon as he teamed up with Lomberg those two pricks turned it into a competition to see who can be the cheapest bastard and Cousins is winning.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
You're forgetting that it's being asked on Twitter. TDA will get plenty of mentions that will have nothing to do with his play.

Lemieux I'm not as sure on
And based on the main board trade thread, nothing that he's actually done, said, or been blamed for

Like he's still being called a locker room cancer despite him being generally well like by his current teammates and former Rags teammates...it was Georgiev that was more of the problem

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
And based on the main board trade thread, nothing that he's actually done, said, or been blamed for

Like he's still being called a locker room cancer despite him being generally well like by his current teammates and former Rags teammates...it was Georgiev that was more of the problem
To be fair, he’s been kicked off of multiple teams in his career for various transgressions. People still holding a grudge obviously have an axe to grind with him for certain views, but we also can’t pretend he doesn’t have unlikeable characteristics.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Have you noticed the former reporter, Andrew's tweets about the deadline and the Canes? He and a few other posters are going after mgt. on the daily about the deadline and their strategies, in general.

Another person said after a recent game, someone followed DW into the parking area where the groupies get autographs from the players and got up in his face about it.

Raise prices, raise expectations..but still...

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Have you noticed the former reporter, Andrew's tweets about the deadline and the Canes? He and a few other posters are going after mgt. on the daily about the deadline and their strategies, in general.

Another person said after a recent game, someone followed DW into the parking area where the groupies get autographs from the players and got up in his face about it.

Last name? I don’t recall a former reporter named Andrew.

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

You mean one of the reporters followed him into the parking lot? Seems a bit brazen.

Reactions: DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Honestly, you can't please all the people all the time. I'd imagine in spite of some fans getting upset, there are still many who are quite pleased with the state of the team. This conversation has been had to death, but the bold moves folks want might raise your chances of winning by a percentage point or two. It might be neat to see them go all in, but it probably only has a minor impact on your outcome. And those folks probably just end up angry and bitter on the back end when the window closes faster and you don't have any assets instead of being angry at the strategy on the front end.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Honestly, you can't please all the people all the time. I'd imagine in spite of some fans getting upset, there are still many who are quite pleased with the state of the team. This conversation has been had to death, but the bold moves folks want might raise your chances of winning by a percentage point or two. It might be neat to see them go all in, but it probably only has a minor impact on your outcome. And those folks probably just end up angry and bitter on the back end when the window closes faster and you don't have any assets instead of being angry at the strategy on the front end.
Maybe the timing of STM email with the new pricing increases has something to do with it. And, satisfaction levels tend to change over time. What worked for the last five years, may need to shift or evolve for the next 5.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Maybe the timing of STM email with the new pricing increases has something to do with it. And, satisfaction levels tend to change over time. What worked for the last five years, may need to shift or evolve for the next 5.
They may need to evolve some strategies. I'm sure there are arguments to be made that some strategies have changed over the years of this regime even if this one acquisition strategy some folks want hasn't. But I also don't think it's realistic to expect those strategies to change because someone followed Waddell into the parking lot (I'm sure there's no other context missing there) and he got annoyed or some former blogger and some handful of others on social media showed some unrest. I think as long as the team is winning and selling out loads of games and having success (and yes, they haven't had the ultimate success, but they are undoubtedly in the middle of a very successful period of time on the ice), they aren't going to make major changes. If they don't get the fans in the building or aren't a legit contender, then they probably will see more reason to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad