Around the League Part 5: The Drouin Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Practice mindfulness. Everyone has a self-centered world view and they are all horribly flawed.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
A great segue to this: I can't wait for tomorrow night's freak out!

I'll say this preemptively as a response to the wisdom a-coming: "Yes, I too am in complete disbelief that the professional scouts and the Hurricanes organization at large thought differently about their options than the opinions of a college kid."

(now *that's* how you vent)

Now THAT is fantastic and also my favorite part of the draft .

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If we are voting on banning things, I'd much sooner prefer to ban all the contrarians mocking people for wanted player X or Y at the Draft. If one does not have anything to add except "Lolz, you think you is smarter than NHL GMs lolz" then they should just skip the Draft GDT.

Let people have their fun.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
If we are voting on banning things, I'd much sooner prefer to ban all the contrarians mocking people for wanted player X or Y at the Draft. If one does not have anything to add except "Lolz, you think you is smarter than NHL GMs lolz" then they should just skip the Draft GDT.

No no. That's not what happens. It's fine to want Player X over Player Y. I have no problem if someone says "man I wished we picked Bellows instead of McAvoy."

The after-party is where the mocking comes from.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
No no. That's not what happens. It's fine to want Player X over Player Y. I have no problem if someone says "man I wished we picked Bellows instead of McAvoy."

The after-party is where the mocking comes from.

Yeah even in that case any kind of mocking is generally good natured. The point and laugh mocking is reserved for people who are dicks about it.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
If one does not have anything to add except "Lolz, you think you is smarter than NHL GMs lolz" then they should just skip the Draft GDT.

I'm all about FUN, trust me. (emphasis on the word fun, if that wasn't clear right there)

Your former comment is not lost on me, because I re-considered my own participation in lieu of opening my big fat mouth. What am I contributing, anyway? Mostly it's lurking and learning, but occasionally I ask a question, offer/correct a fact, or make an observation about a player after watching his highlight vid. But mostly it's just keeping my big fat mouth shut so I don't spill the beans on the fact that I'm the biggest idiot here.

Last edited:

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I'm all about FUN, trust me. (emphasis on the word fun, if that wasn't clear right there)

You former comment is not lost on me, because I re-considered my own participation in lieu of opening my big fat mouth. What am I contributing, anyway? Mostly it's lurking and learning, but occasionally I ask a question, offer/correct a fact, or make an observation about a player after watching his highlight vid. But mostly it's just keeping my big fat mouth shut so I don't spill the beans on the fact that I'm the biggest idiot here.

Nope, that would be me. I watch exactly zero junior hockey games.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I posted a Skinner trade on the Trade Board... Recently. Fairly sure I win the prize here.

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015
I agree with every single post in this thread.

And just between me and y'all, I don't even know what hockey or a message board is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad