Around the League Part 5: The Drouin Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I think what some here under-appreciate is that as much as y'all are annoyed by relocation talk in other forums, it annoys others of us when you bring that pessimism into this forum. And yesterday, it was pessimism and anxiety over the fact that there wasn't any new information. It's as if some of you need for it to be a thing in your lives or something.

It's gotten old.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Agreed. The first time the rumors broke, I read the BOH board a fair amount. Once it was clear the rumors were suspect and getting worked up did no good, I've mostly stayed away from there. Wish people here would leave that junk there.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm not bringing anything here. I don't read anything on BoH. This is my outlet for my feelings on the r word. It's not something any of us want to hear.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
You seem to get offended anytime someone brings it up. I'll give you a suggestion: Ignore it if you makes you upset. It's something relevant to us and I won't ignore it. I didn't say I was abandoning the team. I'm still a Canes fan. Vegas doesn't even have a damn name yet.

It isn't relevant, because it isn't real. It's the equivalent of a mother-in-law's chain email's about Obama secretly being Muslim.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
A spectrum of opinions reaching out to extremes on either side? Those opinions causing arguments? On an internet message board full of anonymous strangers?

Color me shocked.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
A spectrum of opinions reaching out to extremes on either side? Those opinions causing arguments? On an internet message board full of anonymous strangers?

Color me shocked.

It's not even a difference of opinion. I haven't talked about it for weeks if not months and I suddenly have 3 people say I can't even mention it because they say so

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
You seem to get offended anytime someone brings it up. I'll give you a suggestion: Ignore it if you makes you upset. It's something relevant to us and I won't ignore it. I didn't say I was abandoning the team. I'm still a Canes fan. Vegas doesn't even have a damn name yet.

You seriously just said "hey maybe I should go be a fan of some other team, just in case this one moves!"

I merely encouraged you to follow your heart.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
It's not even a difference of opinion. I haven't talked about it for weeks if not months and I suddenly have 3 people say I can't even mention it because they say so

Act against the will of the triumvirate at your own peril.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I haven't talked about it for weeks if not months and I suddenly have 3 people say I can't even mention it because they say so

Oh, I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit, here. The news that a HFBoards forum was created for the Vegas team caused you to become so overwhelmed that you had to vent. Really. Furthermore, I disagree with your belief that this is a place for you to vent (rather, I think it's a place to discuss things). What's worst is that you willingly admit that "this is going to sound like chicken little" and "it's not something any of us want to hear", but...still you couldn't control your desire to subject us to your unfettered id. Holster that ****, son.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Oh, I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit, here. The news that a HFBoards forum was created for the Vegas team caused you to become so overwhelmed that you had to vent. Really. Furthermore, I disagree with your belief that this is a place for you to vent (rather, I think it's a place to discuss things). What's worst is that you willingly admit that "this is going to sound like chicken little" and "it's not something any of us want to hear", but...still you couldn't control your desire to subject us to your unfettered id. Holster that ****, son.

Who's talking about venting? I'm trying to, in your words, discuss it like anyone else. Seriously, if you guys want to censor anything pertaining to the future of the Hurricanes then be my guest.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

If this isn't a place to vent, we may need to cull the herd a little bit.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Who's talking about venting? I'm trying to, in your words, discuss it like anyone else. Seriously, if you guys want to censor anything pertaining to the future of the Hurricanes then be my guest.

You talk all you want. It's a legit subject until a sale occurs, or PK wins the lottery.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
You talk all you want. It's a legit subject until a sale occurs, or PK wins the lottery.

I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable but if it makes people feel better then I'll shut up. Personally, I like to guard myself by acting like it's possible. Others like to ignore it and act like it's impossible. Both are completely acceptable and I'm willing to shut up if it impacts people that greatly.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable but if it makes people feel better then I'll shut up. Personally, I like to guard myself by acting like it's possible. Others like to ignore it and act like it's impossible. Both are completely acceptable and I'm willing to shut up if it impacts people that greatly.

Dude, seriously.

You just said "HEY MAYBE I SHOULD GO BE A FAN OF THIS OTHER TEAM IN CASE THIS ONE GOES AWAY."

And you said "I'M BEING CHICKEN LITTLE."

Don't like being called out for acting like Chicken Little? Then don't act like Chicken Little!

You are, I will note, perfectly within your rights to act this way. I am perfectly within my rights to jump your **** for it.

Don't like it? "Ignore my posts."

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Dude, seriously.

You just said "HEY MAYBE I SHOULD GO BE A FAN OF THIS OTHER TEAM IN CASE THIS ONE GOES AWAY."

And you said "I'M BEING CHICKEN LITTLE."

Don't like being called out for acting like Chicken Little? Then don't act like Chicken Little!

You are, I will note, perfectly within your rights to act this way. I am perfectly within my rights to jump your **** for it.

Don't like it? "Ignore my posts."

The ALL CAPS, I'M MAD is telling enough for me. I'll stop

:)

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
AEiYrd0.gif

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Yeah guys let's move on for a bit and just agree to disagree. It's still a stressful time with all the rumors, but it's safe to say we've got at least another season in us and there's no point going at each other today when we've got essentially the entirety of the off season ahead of us. That tends to get weird enough around here.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
If this isn't a place to vent, we may need to cull the herd a little bit.

Listening to folks venting certainly is not why I'm here. I think it's a negative add to the group. What Hank and I are doing is giving feedback, in the hopes that it steers the forum's content. And certainly it's your prerogative to steer it back the other direction, if that's what turns your crank. At some point, maybe we come to an understanding about how we want to communicate with each other.

A great segue to this: I can't wait for tomorrow night's freak out!

I'll say this preemptively as a response to the wisdom a-coming: "Yes, I too am in complete disbelief that the professional scouts and the Hurricanes organization at large thought differently about their options than the opinions of a college kid."

There. Now, let's get back to post after post after ****ing post about food, because those discussions are why I re-added a link to this website in my browser's bookmark toolbar.

(now *that's* how you vent)

empireonline.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad