Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am not at the get off my lawn level yet but I don’t like it when sports stray too far from the event. The Superbowl with all the pomp is every bit as annoying to me at least.

I would have no problem ditching anthems pre game either because I am not sure it makes any sense but oh well I guess?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I am not at the get off my lawn level yet but I don’t like it when sports stray too far from the event. The Superbowl with all the pomp is every bit as annoying to me at least.

I would have no problem ditching anthems pre game either because I am not sure it makes any sense but oh well I guess?

:laugh: Not an NFL fan so the half-time show and the ads are the best part for me. At least the half-time show is during that normal pause in the game anyway.

If VGK would just do a normal Vegas style show between periods I wouldn't mind. Bit of a conflict with ice maintenance though. In fact, right now I am imagining Celine dodging tigers and zambonies. :laugh: I'd pay to see that!

Reactions: ps241

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
The Vegas pregame theatrics are lame and boring as hell. If they must continue doing so, they should be starting 20 minutes earlier and leave it for those in attendance. No need to televise that crap game after game.

If every team started doing this, things would get out of hand pretty fast. I’m just glad my Jets don’t resort to these. Yes, it would annoy me just the same if they did.

NO NEED FOR THIS IN PRO SPORTS.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
anyone watching the calder cup?
just wondering how many of the leafs' prospects are actually looking legit

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
anyone watching the calder cup?
just wondering how many of the leafs' prospects are actually looking legit

Jonsson looks great he's played a few games for the Leafs before they were eliminated. Calle Rosen had a good game 5 but not sure he's an NHL guy. Liljegren has been good for them too

They're a very good AHL team. Not a ton in amazing prospects though. Reminds me of Hershey back when the Moose were the big game in town here.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Jonsson looks great he's played a few games for the Leafs before they were eliminated. Calle Rosen had a good game 5 but not sure he's an NHL guy. Liljegren has been good for them too

They're a very good AHL team. Not a ton in amazing prospects though. Reminds me of Hershey back when the Moose were the big game in town here.
that's what i was figuring, but hadn't watched or followed closely.
wasn't sure if they were just a strong AHL team or if they actually had a lot of top-end prospects.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
time for hockey trivia

most president trophy wins, last 10 years
1 - washington capitals (3)
2 - vancouver canucks (2)
T3 - five franchises (1)

most news stories involving restraining orders and team personnel on a single day, last 10 years
1 - ottawa senators (2)
T2 - thirty franchises (0)

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
So glad we don't have any of that garbage in our yard. Feel bad that the Karlssons are being harassed. Feel bad that the fans have to endure this too.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Who would really want to play in Ottawa right now, as things stand the owner supposedly has no money, needs a new arena and now his players and significant others are going at it.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Duchene UFA in a year
Karlsson UFA in a year
Stone is a RFA, but... he could easily choose to get a one year deal in arbitration this year, leaving him UFA in a year
Six forwards signed through 2019-20... but two of those are Clarke MacArthur and Marian Gaborik and one is Mike Hoffman...

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
time for hockey trivia

most president trophy wins, last 10 years
1 - washington capitals (3)
2 - vancouver canucks (2)
T3 - five franchises (1)

most news stories involving restraining orders and team personnel on a single day, last 10 years
1 - ottawa senators (2)
T2 - thirty franchises (0)
Is there an emoji for rubbing someone's shoulder and making lewd comments?

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Holy shit the jets dodged a bullet at the deadline, would not want those two(hoffman and his gf) as a part of this organization ever. If im Ottawa I buy him out right now, dont even wait for an investigation because by then it's too late and nobody will trade for him.

Reactions: amethyst

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Holy **** the jets dodged a bullet at the deadline, would not want those two(hoffman and his gf) as a part of this organization ever. If im Ottawa I buy him out right now, dont even wait for an investigation because by then it's too late and nobody will trade for him.

I absolutely don't remember any Hoffman rumors at the deadline, and I thought I had followed the news very closely around the deadline.

Probably just sensory overload. One forum search later, it appears that, close to the deadline, I posted this lineup including all the players that the Jets were supposed to be asking about (I think Tommy Wingels is missing for some reason - but he probably wouldn't make that roster):

Pacioretty-Scheifele-Wheeler
Nash-Little-Laine
Hoffman-Brassard-Ehlers
Maroon-Letestu-Hartman

McDonagh-Trouba
Morrissey-Byfuglien
Cole-Green

#insiderr #kickingtires

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I absolutely don't remember any Hoffman rumors at the deadline, and I thought I had followed the news very closely around the deadline.

Probably just sensory overload. One forum search later, it appears that, close to the deadline, I posted this lineup including all the players that the Jets were supposed to be asking about (I think Tommy Wingels is missing for some reason - but he probably wouldn't make that roster):
There were rumors that it was close enough that he rejected the trade to the jets. If he did reject a trade we dodged a massive shitstorm.

Reactions: surixon

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
There were rumors that it was close enough that he rejected the trade to the jets. If he did reject a trade we dodged a massive ****storm.

I think I forgot those because they seemed so outlandish... Brassard okay, there are people calling for a Stastny extension, so the extra year on the center's contract could have worked... Rick Nash okay, just load up your team and let him go after the season... Pacioretty okay, Perreault would haven been traded 100%, but Pac's cap hit is really nice, so I can see it... but Hoffman? Two more years? This pretty much has to mean either Wheeler or Connor are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad