Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Seems like Ottawa is considering giving up the 4th overall pick this year to Colorado and keeping there 2019 1st round pick. Preparing to be horrible this year. Just think Duchene could walk after this year which means he might end up being traded during the season as well. Ottawa should get a good haul for Karlsson, I have no idea what they will get for Hoffman now but Hoffman is pretty good player.
Perhaps it's time for a complete rebuild - trade Hoffman and Karlsson for lots of high draft picks and top end prospects

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I thought Scheifele knew Hoffman - Hoffman's dad coached him in Junior B. I figured it was strange that the rumours said Hoffman turned down a trade to Winnipeg around the deadline there since Scheifele would've been selling it to him...and who wouldn't want to gtfo of Ottawa? Maybe his GF didn't like the idea of moving to Winnipeg. Oh well... :sarcasm:

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I thought Scheifele knew Hoffman - Hoffman's dad coached him in Junior B. I figured it was strange that the rumours said Hoffman turned down a trade to Winnipeg around the deadline there since Scheifele would've been selling it to him...and who wouldn't want to gtfo of Ottawa? Maybe his GF didn't like the idea of moving to Winnipeg. Oh well... :sarcasm:
Wifi was too slow for her brand of slander

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
NHL announces that the home openers will be released on June 20th, followed by the full schedule drop on the 21st.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Pretty hard not to be happy for Ovechkin, I don't recall seeing anyone quite that excited to win a cup. I don't think we could have beaten them in the finals, OV was determined to win a cup and that was that. The fanbase deserves it too, 44 years of waiting. VERY glad the Vegas story is over, for now. I'm now (mostly) convinced the league isn't 100% fixed. I can take my tinfoil hat off and enjoy the game again.

I remember when I saw this tweet how cool that Final would have been. Good luck next season guys.

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 8.48.15 PM.png

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Zadina might last until #5 at this point.

The challenge is they will be picking in a slot where BPA is probably going to be a forward IMO of coarse. That is coming from a guy that loves Dobson. To be crystal clear I would love for the Jets to have this draft day problem but none the less the Habs have allot of work to do and they won’t be getting the franchise centre at #3 that they so desperately need.

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
maybe we dangle Petan to get #3?
:) :) :)
I would say that it would never happen, but then again, every day in the hockey universe is me stating the obvious only to get proven wrong by some GM who is about as competent as I am.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I would say that it would never happen, but then again, every day in the hockey universe is me stating the obvious only to get proven wrong by some GM who is about as competent as I am.
it's kind of funny. but Mtl has a few interesting factors:
1. Price isn't getting younger
2. pressure on the GM to perform
3. zero centre depth. like...zero.

If you traded them Petan, Frenchie and a future 2nd rounded for their 1st, would they bite?
that would be a significant upgrade for them. arguably, a future 2-3 line centre, a current 2-3 line centre and a draft pick.
that gives them a prospect back, clears up our Frenchie/Petan issues and buys us more depth where we grab a solid D prospect that will help us when buff's on his way out

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

If you traded them Petan, Frenchie and a future 2nd rounded for their 1st, would they bite?
that would be a significant upgrade for them. arguably, a future 2-3 line centre, a current 2-3 line centre and a draft pick.
that gives them a prospect back, clears up our Frenchie/Petan issues and buys us more depth where we grab a solid D prospect that will help us when buff's on his way out
Pretty sure they wouldn't. Whether they would be interested in dealing some of their second rounders, that's a different discussion altogether.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Holy crap! Bergevin still Bergevining.

Galchenyuk was 3rd OA the year before Domi was 12th. Each has failed at C. Galchenyuk has succeeded to a large degree as a winger with seasons of 20 & 30 goals. Domi, not so much with a total of 36 goals over 3 seasons.

Galchenyuk should have been worth a lot more than just Domi. A lot more.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

:laugh: I was going to suggest the same - but as a joke. That value is awful but not sure it is any worse than what they just did.

Petan is still a coin toss to make the NHL - in any capacity. Frenchie is not a C and is looking back at his 30th B'day. And a 2nd? Even a future one that might be a little higher. TBH, leave out the 2nd and I'd do that for 2 of their four 2nds.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Galchenyuk's reputation has been soiled by his failure to become a 1C. He has been good at LW.

100% agree that he is a solid scoring winger on a team that lacks scoring. It seems like between some of the off ice stuff and Gally not being able to transition to centre the Habs may be bailing on him for the wrong reasons but who knows I am on the outside looking in really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->