Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
no, don't you get it? this is bad for the league and actually an embarrassment to the league that Vegas is even here right now.

I get it. It is not only bad for the NHL establishment, but other professional sports leagues. The mere fact that a moderately talented team can out-hustle most prima doña players is devastating, especially for agents.

Now I don't think that Vegas will win, but it is a model that a more talented team can dominate with all 4 lines putting out effort. Every fan should be irate that their team doesn't really try.

John

Reactions: SirQuacksAlot

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Both teams D is horrendous. No matter the outcome whoever wins this is going to be the worst Stanley Cup winning side since as long as I’ve followed the sport.

Still can’t believe this Caps team is the one who made it to the finals over some of the other teams they’ve iced.

Last edited:

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Both teams D is horrendous. No matter the outcome whoever wins this is going to be the worst Stanley Cup winning side since as long as I’ve followed the sport.

Still can’t believe this Caps team is the one who made it to the finals over some of the other teams they’ve iced.
I think that's a bit of harsh assessment. These teams are surely better than the recent NJD SC finals team for example.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

hockey is weird

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Then how did these teams shut down some of the other high potent offenses?

In the case of Vegas the same way we shut down potent offenses in 2003.

In Washington’s case they have given up 3 or more goals in 12/20 games so far which isn’t exactly shutting the door completely. The other games for the most part Holtby has played very well in.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Then how did these teams shut down some of the other high potent offenses?
The Kings are easy to shut down. They're like us, they have nothing going for them other than a couple guys. Just a boring team that quite frankly isn't any good anymore. There's a reason they either miss the playoffs or sneak in only to get killed ever since they won that 2nd cup. Vegas is just better than them all over the ice and it showed. The only thing the Kings had going in that series was the bullshit mantra about how experienced they are. Didn't mean anything at all. Did they shut down the Sharks?(honestly asking, didn't watch that series much).

I was impressed by that Winnipeg series for sure. That wasn't all Fleury or anything like that.

I'm most impressed with Vegas' offense though. Marchessault has clearly arrived as one of the better players in the league and Theo looks like he can be a top OFD. They are also getting goals out of Ryan Reaves and Thomas Nosek, which is the true sign of a coach that's running a solid system

Last edited:

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Watching Wild Bill now I don't understand why he was never in the top 6 in Columbus. Theo also much more better defensivly than I thought he will be. Vegas is on a mission and they have the better goalie.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Watching Wild Bill now I don't understand why he was never in the top 6 in Columbus. Theo also much more better defensivly than I thought he will be. Vegas is on a mission and they have the better goalie.

Because Tortorella. He was put in a position to fail there.

Watching Theodore makes me a little sad given how our D looks now. We lost two quality dmen within the space of 5 months when realistically we only needed to lose one.

Reactions: Duck Off

nilssont

May 27, 2007

Wild Bill had a damn good season back in Sweden in my fav team HV71, so I always thought he would be a solid NHLer , but not like this, jeepers.

I have a hard time watching Vegas play, Theo is such a stud. Would not be surprised if he scored 55+ points next season

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Theo would be behind Fowler and Hampus. He would not get the minutes and opportunities here. He is making the best out of his situation. I think Mahura could end up being similar. Btw I'm still fine with Monty. It will be interesting to see what his next contract will look like. Karlsson dto.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Theodore is playing in a faster wide open system. I'm not sure he would do as well here with our slow down play on your heels defense. I've wondered if Carlyle has finally slowed Hampus down. He just doesn't have the jump and his offense has certainly suffered. Theo stays... see your future be your future.

John

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It was always strange to watch this board totally turn on Theodore after a bad stretch of games at 21. He has a lot of talent.

I definitely wish we kept him and Montour in hindsight

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Theo would be behind Fowler and Hampus. He would not get the minutes and opportunities here. He is making the best out of his situation. I think Mahura could end up being similar. Btw I'm still fine with Monty. It will be interesting to see what his next contract will look like. Karlsson dto.

He would be ahead of both on the PP where we desperately need a left handed shot at the blueline.

Reactions: AngelDuck

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
This Conversation about the d
Theo montour hampus
Looks like we’re drafting the right guys but using them poorly
Either draft statues with toughness or maybe get a coach that uses the players talents better?

Reactions: 70sSanO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad