Status
Not open for further replies.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
This Conversation about the d
Theo montour hampus
Looks like we’re drafting the right guys but using them poorly
Either draft statues with toughness or maybe get a coach that uses the players talents better?

It is the coach and the overall tone of this team. They never were quick and they play a puck possession game, even if it's only holding the puck or cycling it for a minute and then lose it or throw a shot with no one in position for a rebound. With Boudreau they played a more open game, but it was still possession. I don't think you can change that mindset.

At the ages of our top players they just can't show up and skate. Even with more speed on the team, Getzlaf will be holding the puck for 20 seconds waiting for something to develop. It is what it is.

I can accept what Getzlaf does because he still carries this team, even with too many minutes. But unless Perry does a 180, I've written him off; even if he racks up a bunch of secondary assists, and primaries that just bounce off his equipment.

John

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
This is my first time tuning in before puck drop but... is this a hockey game or an Olympic opening ceremony where the hosting country is the nation of Medieval Times?

:laugh:

I was looking to see if all the fans were enjoying Cornish game hens with no napkins. Jesus, now there are Jets flying overhead.

Reactions: duckaroosky

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Neal just drew a penalty by hitting himself in the face and reacting to it. You can take the boy out of Nashville but you can’t take the Nashville out of the boy.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Tom Wilson is the worst Wilson.

The best Wilson

latest

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ahead of Hampus maybe but imho not ahead of Cam.

He’s got a much better shot, has better vision, is as good a passer and while not as good a skater is still very mobile.

No doubt Cam is the much better overall player but on the PP Theodore would be our no 1 option on the back end.

Reactions: AngelDuck

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Theo would never get the same opportunity on the Ducks even without Stoner or Bieksa. Stoner hasn't played in 2 years and BM would just sign someone else instead of Bieksa.

Theo wouldn't get the minutes, especially after any defensive mistake, unlike Bieksa who played regardless of how many goals were scored on him... except for his last 2 months. Unfortunately it is what it will continue to be.

John

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He’s got a much better shot, has better vision, is as good a passer and while not as good a skater is still very mobile.

No doubt Cam is the much better overall player but on the PP Theodore would be our no 1 option on the back end.

No he wouldn't. His offensive abilities were well known last year and he couldn't bump him then(with a pretty great audition to do so), he definitely wouldn't have this year and quite possibly never would have. Especially in a 4F1D set.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
No he wouldn't. His offensive abilities were well known last year and he couldn't bump him then(with a pretty great audition to do so), he definitely wouldn't have this year and quite possibly never would have. Especially in a 4F1D set.

Last year he was a rookie who was just getting his feet wet. The PP struggled massively this year he definitely would have gotten a shot.

What does Fowler do better on the PP other than zone entries? Say what you will about Theodore but the PP is his bread and butter.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Yep that lies with Murray. Imagine if we never signed Stoner or Bieksa, both contracts that the fans knew were mistakes the moment they were signed. This team would be a decent amount better off.

Bieksa ok but Stoner was an ok signing and had the price of an UFA signing. Fans want 2 blockbuster trades every year, big UFA signings to discount contracts and perfect teams. That is not how it works. Look at the team when Stoner was signed? Nobody could have said what the young D would turn out. You take a player how it is now but there were tons of questionmarks behind Theo then. Man even after last year a lot of people stated he is a liability in the own end and it is Monty to keep. And while Bieksa is not good he was in the playoffs.

The same time there is a lot of critics when Bob is too passive for some fans. A GM that is called aggressive by experts.

I know you don't like Bob but he had a certain situation, not an ideal one and he had to deal with it.

Like I said, it is like it is and every team had its problems to handle the draft.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Last year he was a rookie who was just getting his feet wet. The PP struggled massively this year he definitely would have gotten a shot.

What does Fowler do better on the PP other than zone entries? Say what you will about Theodore but the PP is his bread and butter.

He got his feet wet the year before, it was his first full year but like I said the offensive stuff has been there the whole time, he just did nothing with it despite a pretty fair amount of opportunity.

For being his bread and butter, he sure doesn't do much with it. Pretty much similar production to Fowler but on a better unit. Yeah I'll take Fowlers better zone entries and passing and mobility and reliability and goal scoring.

I mean, my point was more about what the team would actually do instead of myself personally, but actually looking into it I'm also quite convinced. He's not nearly the PP stud you guys seem to think he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad