Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I thought Vegas would make it to the WCF, but I didn't think they'd beat WPG/NSH, and they only needed 5 games to do it. And of course Ryan Reaves scores the series clincher. I'm not betting against them anymore.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Who cares what casual fans think? Who cares what NBA fans think? They should focus on their own league where one player can carry your team all the way to a championship.

If casual fans spend money on the league, like they have been, then everyone benefits in the end.
I don't care. But it actually matters in the grand scheme of things. To the league

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
XUcNszv.jpg

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fleury has put up the best goaltending performance since Thomas in 2011 or even Giguere in 2003 these playoffs. I vastly underestimated him based on how bad he was in the postseason the majority of his time in Pittsburgh.

That said I expect this Cinderella story will end like every other one we see every third year or so. If it does end with a Vegas win Fleury deserves to be a first ballot hall of famer.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I'm ok with Vegas being in the final but I desperately want Ovie to win a cup. After the Ducks are out I always root for particular players not particular teams. It's Ducks or bust.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Ducks fans seems far less bitter about Vegas than Kings or Sharks fans. Interesting.

anyone bitter about vegas is just jealous their team isn't in the SCF

as of right now, i have no reason to hate vegas. i'm sure i will in the future because they're in the pacific but how anyone could hate on them is beyond me

the ducks also not losing to vegas in the playoffs also has something to do with the LA/SJ fans bitterness i assume

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I wonder what would have happened if we played Vegas first round.... 10-1 games ?

Reactions: Terry Yake

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Ducks fans seems far less bitter about Vegas than Kings or Sharks fans. Interesting.
Only thing I'm upset about is that we still had Bieksa after the expansion draft, and Vegas had Theodore. I know another move would have been needed, but man, keeping that useless bag of rocks hurt as much or more than losing a prospect

We are one of the examples of bad asset management that McPhee exploited,and good for them

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I've explained it

And so have others
No, no one has brought up anything remotely reasonable to explain how a team winning in their first year is bad for the league.

Vegas doing this brings the spotlight on the NHL in the sports world, more people who talk about the league is good.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
No, no one has brought up anything remotely reasonable to explain how a team winning in their first year is bad for the league.

Vegas doing this brings the spotlight on the NHL in the sports world, more people who talk about the league is good.
I'm sorry you can't decipher it. It has been laid out for you numerous times. @heusy_79 probably put it best on the last page

Time to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad