Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Ducks play the Flames tonight. I want the Flames to lose because their fanbase is largely composed of arrogant a-holes, but keeping the Ducks behind may be more beneficial.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, in this case.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Aye but a Flames win gives them false hope and hurts the Ducks. Go Flames I guess.

At least it's one of those games where a 3 point game doesn't really hurt us. Even losing a single point now makes it more difficult on both these teams. Leaning towards Calgary since they have to win out to have a shot. I want the Kings to be the one to smash their hopes next Monday

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Playoff view.

In the East, it looks pretty decided on who makes it in, with the exception of Florida/NJ battling for the last spot. I fully expect Florida to leapfrog NJ soon with their games in hand, and they have the inside track on the 8th seed. Neither Florida or NJ has a particularly difficult schedule down the stretch, with Florida having a slightly easier path.

In the west, there are 10 teams still in it. Looking at the 2 teams out of it right now..

StL. plays:

BOS
VAN
CBJ
SJS
VGK
ARI
WAS

CHI
CHI
COL

Not an easy run by any means, they are getting Arizona and Columbus at a bad time as both have played very well down the stretch. Bolded are games that will be difficult, I think. But compared to Dallas..

Dallas plays:

BOS
VAN
PHI
MIN
MIN
SJS
ANA
LAK

No Bishop, no Methot, and now Spezza and Ritchie are nursing injuries and are missing games. That schedule is nasty.

Dallas is really going to have a tough time of it, I think, but St. Louis is in better shape. The Blues hold the tiebreaker on the Ducks, while the Kings hold it on both of the others. If Boston beats the Blues tonight, things will be looking really good for the Kings. Making up points this year is going to be extremely difficult for chasing teams.

Reactions: KingTrouty

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I really hope we finish third.

Ducks remaining schedule:

at Flames
at Jets
at Oilers
at VAN
Kings
Avs
Wild
DAL
at ARI

Similar schedule to ourselves. The four game road trip is gonna be huge for them.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Playoff view.

In the East, it looks pretty decided on who makes it in, with the exception of Florida/NJ battling for the last spot. I fully expect Florida to leapfrog NJ soon with their games in hand, and they have the inside track on the 8th seed. Neither Florida or NJ has a particularly difficult schedule down the stretch, with Florida having a slightly easier path.

Hopefully the Devils can squeeze in, but the recent "get outshot 35-25" strategy is gonna be tough. The kids definitely seem like they've hit a wall which is understandable. Florida had three games against Boston in the final week. One game is a makeup game which'll be played after everybody wraps up the regular season. So there's an uneasy case where Boston might be locked into a playoff spot and would rather dress a B squad for that last game.

I wouldn't hate seeing a Tampa/Florida series. That might help jumpstart that rivalry. When I went to the 2015 Draft in Florida, I had a good chat with some Tampa fans who made the trip. One lamented how there wasn't much of a rivalry since they were never simultaneously good.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingTrouty

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Craig Custance reporting that 2016 2nd round pick Adam Mascherin informed the Panthers that he won't be signing with them. Florida holds his rights until June 1st and will likely be looking to trade him (he'd re-enter the draft otherwise). Might be a decent buy low option for some teams. From the sounds of it, there wasn't a ton of communication between the two parties going from last year.

Haven't followed him too closely, but I vaguely recall him being a smaller but stoutly built one dimensional scoring winger. Best case poor man's Cammalleri, but maybe more likely a Reid Boucher-esque tweener.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Craig Custance reporting that 2016 2nd round pick Adam Mascherin informed the Panthers that he won't be signing with them. Florida holds his rights until June 1st and will likely be looking to trade him (he'd re-enter the draft otherwise). Might be a decent buy low option for some teams. From the sounds of it, there wasn't a ton of communication between the two parties going from last year.

Haven't followed him too closely, but I vaguely recall him being a smaller but stoutly built one dimensional scoring winger. Best case poor man's Cammalleri, but maybe more likely a Reid Boucher-esque tweener.
Well he is a trending topic already with hockeydb.com.

Lol

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anyone else think the Flames are in a tough spot? Arguably a worse one than the Kings...

Maybe not because they have a whole lot of players trending up, but I'm not seeing a top-end 1C in their system and I don't think Monahan is that guy, and by the time they're ready to really compete, Giordano is going to be put out to pasture. Behind that, they're unimpressive.

Theoretically it's time for a shakeup, likely one that involves moving Giordano for a younger comparable/assets, but then they're kind of screwed on that front too.

Don't get me wrong I love them circling the drain after the last couple of years of chest thumping, but they're another team whose rebuild has stalled out because they still have holes on the current team yet worse upcoming holes in Giordano's decline and the ongoing goaltending issues (how long is Mike Smith viable?).

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Sam Bennett may or may not be a bust. If he doesn't put it together, then they missed on a #4 pick, and they have to make up for that somewhere. The Kings got Martinez in the same draft as Hickey, and then got Doughty and Voynov a year later. The Flames have yet to do the same. And they went Sekera/Lucic with their 1st this year, but did so without the Cups in their back pocket.

If it was easy to build a contender, and you were guaranteed success if you try, more teams would do it more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad