Around the League '16-'17 Other Teams' Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Aww, Bieksa is out 2-5 weeks for Anaheim after getting hand surgery. Addition by subtraction.
do they still have a pipeline of outrageously good defensemen to call up? seems like there's a been new one or two every year

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i swear it has nothing to do with dundon!

getting to be one of those walks like a duck quacks like a duck situations

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I know there was discussion about who to root for in this SJ/Cgy game but this was the best possible situation. If the Kings win tomorrow you can basically say goodbye to Calgary’s chances of catching us.

And this keeps a sliver of chance that SJ could catch Vegas, unlikely but possible and that would be great for the Kings.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I know there was discussion about who to root for in this SJ/Cgy game but this was the best possible situation. If the Kings win tomorrow you can basically say goodbye to Calgary’s chances of catching us.

And this keeps a sliver of chance that SJ could catch Vegas, unlikely but possible and that would be great for the Kings.

Yeah, I thought about this too. The best situation would be the Kings facing anyone but the Sharks. They just seem to step it up more when they play us.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
PHWA voted to reveal their award votes (18% voted against). I gotta imagine the people in charge of it were annoyed at the lazy people who had votes. Namely, the one year where voters were reminded beforehand that Ovechkin only qualified at RW but still ended up being voted 2nd team LW.

Another one that always annoyed me was Thomas Vanek getting Selke votes in 2007. He led the league with a +47, so 14 writers gave him votes for Selke (including three 1st place) thinking he was good defensively. Meanwhile he was getting benched late in games during the playoffs since the coach didn't trust him defensively. Sad that writers couldn't recognize that Vanek was nicely hid on Buffalo's 3rd line and got to feast against opposition bottom 6s.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

I've seen this movie before. Last Friday: "If the Kings win tomorrow you can basically say goodbye to St. Louis’ chances of catching us."

f***!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Probably 3 spots left, and 6 teams going for them. Colorado, Dallas, St.Louis, Anaheim, and Calgary all play today, while the Kings sit and watch after getting shut out at home. We'll see how much of a disaster the day ends up being.

Reactions: KingTrouty

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Calgary gets blanked 4-0 by Vegas, but COL won already. Need the Ducks, Blues and Stars to lose. Looking more and more like LA will have to battle ANA for 3rd in the pacific to make the playoffs. I don’t like our chances of beating out 3 central teams for a WC spot.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Stars are losing 3-1 and , here's a shocker, Bishop left the game with a lower body injury. If NJ plays the Duck like they did us, they'll win.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
PHWA voted to reveal their award votes (18% voted against). I gotta imagine the people in charge of it were annoyed at the lazy people who had votes. Namely, the one year where voters were reminded beforehand that Ovechkin only qualified at RW but still ended up being voted 2nd team LW.

Another one that always annoyed me was Thomas Vanek getting Selke votes in 2007. He led the league with a +47, so 14 writers gave him votes for Selke (including three 1st place) thinking he was good defensively. Meanwhile he was getting benched late in games during the playoffs since the coach didn't trust him defensively. Sad that writers couldn't recognize that Vanek was nicely hid on Buffalo's 3rd line and got to feast against opposition bottom 6s.

I followed the 2007 Sabres pretty close, and they were an offensive tornado. Pretty sure they’re one of only a couple teams to net 300+ goals in a season post-lockout.

Their third line was Vanek-Roy-Afinigenov. Crazy depth that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->