Around the League '16-'17 Other Teams' Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The Ducks also get to play our opponents the day after we play them =/

Kinkaid looks like he played yesterday. That wandering out of the net that gave the Ducks a 1-0 lead was hilarious. 2nd goal he didn't cover the far side of the post , unlike last night, and it was 2-0 just like that.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Damn it Hawks, you had one ob to do. Lost it in OT 5-4 to the Blues after having the lead with 1:30 left. Buerube, you are a poor goalie.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I followed the 2007 Sabres pretty close, and they were an offensive tornado. Pretty sure they’re one of only a couple teams to net 300+ goals in a season post-lockout.

Their third line was Vanek-Roy-Afinigenov. Crazy depth that year.

Yes, that Sabres team had offense. Still when I think of the Sabres and offense, I think of The French Connection.

images

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
And they did it in what some would call Kings fashion, carrying a 2-1 lead with 2.5 minutes left in the second only to have 4 unanswered goals against scored by Arizona.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Winger23

May 3, 2007
And they did it in what some would call Kings fashion, carrying a 2-1 lead with 2.5 minutes left in the second only to have 4 unanswered goals against scored by Arizona.

Can't say I'm sad by this. Their fans sure are eating crow. Best defensive core my ass. Smith is a mediocre goalie at best.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I still have the Kings as the WC1, which I still think is the best spot, but it's razor thin with the Kings and the Ducks. The fact that there only head to head left is at Honda Center makes me lean towards Anaheim ending up edging the Kings.

The Ducks upcoming trip seems pretty favorable, no back to backs, three against pretty bad teams and then they get to come home and face the Kings who will be on the second half of a back to back. Just hard to see them not ending up with 7 or 8 of a possible 10.

Colorado and Dallas both have to go through the California gauntlet, and the Kings are lucky enough to get both teams on the back end of a back to back.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Can't say I'm sad by this. Their fans sure are eating crow. Best defensive core my ass. Smith is a mediocre goalie at best.

Reminds me of my Flames buddy who was sure that Calgary had the best D in the league after they signed Jay Bouwmeester to go along with Regehr/Phaneuf.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It's only like a 3-4% chance but could you imagine the meltdown if the Isles win the lottery with the Flames pick.

Nothing against Hamonic, he is a solid 2nd pair defender but that would go down as one of the worst trades of all-time if Dahlin is as good as advertised.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No way, he's a god and they're going all the way. Flames fans told me so after 2 starts...

One of the best goalies in the league, 3 #1 d-men, the best line in the league, a surefire Selke finalist, and a generational winger and they can't make it. So strange.

Reactions: Bandit

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It's only like a 3-4% chance but could you imagine the meltdown if the Isles win the lottery with the Flames pick.

Nothing against Hamonic, he is a solid 2nd pair defender but that would go down as one of the worst trades of all-time if Dahlin is as good as advertised.

So Calgary misses the playoffs and doesn't get to enjoy the 1st round pick "reward"?

Not terribly sad seeing how amped they were to put the nail in the coffin of the 2015 Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad