Around the League - 15/16 Edition: Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Jets still putting forth a solid effort despite nothing to play for. Nice to see.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Jets still putting forth a solid effort despite nothing to play for. Nice to see.

In fairness its easier to do that when you haven't gone through the same for 6 years running. Both Calgary and Winnipeg were lucky enough to get in the playoffs last year so that the teams could have a positive experience. That pays huge divididends on how much the teams can withstand some bad times. Its like team Prozac to make the playoffs.

I think if the Oil lucked into the playoffs it would help morale considerably.

But alternately one can look at the Jets year as a much worse fallback, really plummeting, than what we've seen here. Arguably the Jets have been awful in relation to last year so not too much credit deserved.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
In fairness its easier to do that when you haven't gone through the same for 6 years running. Both Calgary and Winnipeg were lucky enough to get in the playoffs last year so that the teams could have a positive experience. That pays huge divididends on how much the teams can withstand some bad times. Its like team Prozac to make the playoffs.

I think if the Oil lucked into the playoffs it would help morale considerably.

But alternately one can look at the Jets year as a much worse fallback, really plummeting, than what we've seen here. Arguably the Jets have been awful in relation to last year so not too much credit deserved.

This. I have difficulty looking at a 20+ point drop in the standings and saying 'that's what I want from our boys'.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Blues fans treated to that rarest of all sightings last night ... an MPS goal.
So that's three on the season for him.
Another top Oiler draft pick, and former top six on everybody's fantasy lineups, playing his way out of the league.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Blues fans treated to that rarest of all sightings last night ... an MPS goal.
So that's three on the season for him.
Another top Oiler draft pick, and former top six on everybody's fantasy lineups, playing his way out of the league.

It's really on MPS. He has the skills, just doesn't show the drive. Really thought Hitchcock would've been the guy to make him a well rounded 3rd liner at worse.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Couple stories that caught my eye this weekend.

With 3 games left for the Wings this could be the end of a great in Pavel Datsyuk. Not the player he use to be, but still clearly the best on the Wings. Would've been nice to know sooner, but **** happens I guess.

Stamkos done for awhile. Just from bad to worse for a club who could look a lot next year without their Franchise Player.

NHLers were eligible for Workers Comp in California. I just shook my head. Make sense for guys that maybe didn't have much of a career or money, but guys like Mogilny and Kariya really needed this money? Seems like a nice waste of money.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Couple stories that caught my eye this weekend.

With 3 games left for the Wings this could be the end of a great in Pavel Datsyuk. Not the player he use to be, but still clearly the best on the Wings. Would've been nice to know sooner, but **** happens I guess.

Stamkos done for awhile. Just from bad to worse for a club who could look a lot next year without their Franchise Player.

NHLers were eligible for Workers Comp in California. I just shook my head. Make sense for guys that maybe didn't have much of a career or money, but guys like Mogilny and Kariya really needed this money? Seems like a nice waste of money.

Datsyuk has been a star for so long. Will be strange not seeing him around.

Horrible break for the Lightning. Their defense and goaltending should be fine next season but they have a lot of tough decisions coming up with their forwards. This was a big year for them to make another long run. Going to be pretty tough now with two of their key guys out.

Penguins are looking really scary right now though.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver up on LA 3-2 in the 3rd.

The way they have been playing compared to the Oilers, I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks take both games later this week. Tough not to be cynical after what we witnessed Saturday night.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
welp, even if we beat the Nucks in our last two games we cna't pass them in the standings

assured a bottom 3 finish. Hurray?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
welp, even if we beat the Nucks in our last two games we cna't pass them in the standings
'

Their radio broadcast team said this is the first time the Canucks have won 3 straight all season.

They're riding high into the sunset that is the regular season.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
LA gearing up for the playoffs. Lost to the canucks and now down to the Flames in the third.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
LA gearing up for the playoffs. Lost to the canucks and now down to the Flames in the third.

C'mon. Enroth was in net and was absolute garbage in this game.

Quick would have had a shutout in this one.

WTF was Enroth doing on the Engellend goal? Just awful goal.

Flames got 4 goals on around 20shots.

Kings hit 2 posts in the third including Toffoli ringing it off the post 15 secs before the Kings finally tied.

No way Kings deserved to lose this game.

Flames had their horseshoes out tonight again.

lol how Carter schools both Monahan and Gio and Otio in OT. lmao Made every flame on the ice look silly. Pushed Gio off like nothing to cruise right in on goal with a letter perfect finish.

Last edited:

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
C'mon. Enroth was in net and was absolute garbage in this game.

Quick would have had a shutout in this one.

WTF was Enroth doing on the Engellend goal? Just awful goal.

Flames got 4 goals on around 20shots.

Kings hit 2 posts in the third including Toffoli ringing it off the post 15 secs before the Kings finally tied.

No way Kings deserved to lose this game.

Flames had their horseshoes out tonight again.

lol how Carter schools both Monahan and Gio and Otio in OT. lmao Made every flame on the ice look silly. Pushed Gio off like nothing to cruise right in on goal with a letter perfect finish.

They ended up winning, but they better hope Quick stays healthy.

Calgary has more puck luck this season than Edmonton has in two years.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Pretty stupid move to take away the 3rd overall pick from Flint. I agree with fining the owner and suspending him for 5 years, but why take away a top pick from a team that is going to have trouble as it is going forward?

They still have #5, but agents have already said they are not recommending Flint to their clients so why make it any harder for them?

The CHL from day one have said it's all about the players so give the players that remain the best chance to get over this ********.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The losing is getting to Babcock. Stupid comment from him regarding the salary cap.

Agreed.

I still respect the man overall as a great hockey mind but those comments of his are full on foolish.

He is drinking too deeply into the Toronto Cool Aid.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Agreed.

I still respect the man overall as a great hockey mind but those comments of his are full on foolish.

He is drinking too deeply into the Toronto Cool Aid.

Not really. I think he's still old school precap. Used to being with the Wings and having a huge and unlimited payroll at his stead. He never liked the cap and was ardently against it. He still is.

This is the first time he's had to deal with adversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad