Around the League - 15/16 Edition: Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Well the Flames managed to hold on for a period. Good for them.

And they never had to deal with any goaltender interference even.

Now outscored 10-3 in < five periods.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
I missed the disallowed Flames goal, but sounds like it was for less goalie contact than the one LA got on the Oilers. #Californiahockeysurvivesanotherday

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
I missed the disallowed Flames goal, but sounds like it was for less goalie contact than the one LA got on the Oilers. #Californiahockeysurvivesanotherday

Yep...kings get the benefit of the call both ways...their goal counts against the Oilers after knocking LB down.....and flames goal disallowed on very minimum contact on Quick...hard to believe it's just incompetence anymore....consistently inconsistent officiating in the NHL

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
Yep...kings get the benefit of the call both ways...their goal counts against the Oilers after knocking LB down.....and flames goal disallowed on very minimum contact on Quick...hard to believe it's just incompetence anymore....consistently inconsistent officiating in the NHL

Someone with the technology, should put a GIF showing both of these together in comparison for the main boards. This **** is getting unreal.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

It was slightly more contact than this play, but not much more.

Moral of the story, the flame goal should have counted, the Halloween goal should have counted, and the LA goal shouldn't have counted, but then again what is consistency. Thats a lot to ask for when you have the ability to review with video replay.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
It was slightly more contact than this play, but not much more.

Moral of the story, the flame goal should have counted, the Halloween goal should have counted, and the LA goal shouldn't have counted, but then again what is consistency. Thats a lot to ask for when you have the ability to review with video replay.

Yep, between the league and the officials in place, they make this stuff into rocket science.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Just turned on the Flames game, see their down 2-0, and the first thing I hear is Hrudey talking about how good the Flames' puck possession has been. Does this gasbag ever criticize them?

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
Quick is damn good, plus he gets so many beneficial calls his way as well.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Just turned on the Flames game, see their down 2-0, and the first thing I hear is Hrudey talking about how good the Flames' puck possession has been. Does this gasbag ever criticize them?

Nope he does not lol. Calgary was garbage the first 2 periods, has looked better this period, but still giving up a ton defensively.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
Nope he does not lol. Calgary was garbage the first 2 periods, has looked better this period, but still giving up a ton defensively.

The officials are also punishing the Flames for tanking by making it harder for them to score legit goals. Irony can be pretty ironic. :laugh:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
More Hrudey wisdom:

"It's really too bad Ramo got hurt, because he was proving he could carry the load and be a #1 guy."

2.63 GAA, .909 SV%

#1 goalie numbers

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Not impressed with the Kings game today. Just a deplorable start to the 3rd period and had the fans actually booing them on home ice. First 10 mins of 3rd Kings looked to be in quicksand. Like last year.

Weird.

I watch the Kings a lot and they beat themselves on some nights. They actually got lucky with the Flames goal being called back and then being unscathed by being pure **** in first half of the 3rd.

From one period to the next you just don't know what Kings team you're getting. Lucic was invisible today, Lecavalier has really sunk after playing well initially. Maybe just doldrums playing out the season but they should be trying to get first place.

Anyway Kings get the W. Kings also hit a post and a crossbar in the game. Flamers broadcast says noting about that.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Big loss by the Lightning tonight getting shutout by the Habs juggernaut 3-0. :sarcasm:

Tampa loses first place as a result. Bad idea, means likelihood of them playing Bruins in first round increasing. Except Bruins have also been **** lately. I would HATE if the REd Wings get in because Tampa would beat the Wings. That would be like a bye.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Not impressed with the Kings game today. Just a deplorable start to the 3rd period and had the fans actually booing them on home ice. First 10 mins of 3rd Kings looked to be in quicksand. Like last year.

Weird.

I watch the Kings a lot and they beat themselves on some nights. They actually got lucky with the Flames goal being called back and then being unscathed by being pure **** in first half of the 3rd.

From one period to the next you just don't know what Kings team you're getting. Lucic was invisible today, Lecavalier has really sunk after playing well initially. Maybe just doldrums playing out the season but they should be trying to get first place.

Anyway Kings get the W. Kings also hit a post and a crossbar in the game. Flamers broadcast says noting about that.

Wasn't their best game thats for sure and I think some of the plugs on that team are going to hurt them (i.e. Schenn, Brown, Lecavalier, Scuderi) . Lucic didn't do a ton tonight I'd agree, but he did have a sweet feed on that 2nd LA goal (albeit Hamilton was doing his best Jultz impression on that one). Kopitar was beasting most of the night.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Wasn't their best game thats for sure and I think some of the plugs on that team are going to hurt them (i.e. Schenn, Brown, Lecavalier, Scuderi) . Lucic didn't do a ton tonight I'd agree, but he did have a sweet feed on that 2nd LA goal (albeit Hamilton was doing his best Jultz impression on that one). Kopitar was beasting most of the night.

Brown actually had a hell of a game and is playing like good Dustin Brown. That's no plug, the guy plays near perfect Kings hockey and does a lot of smart things out there. Was a handful all night. He tired out Gio a lot.

Schenn has been fine. But Martinez and Scuderi are tire fires waiting to happen. I just despise anytime Martinez is on the ice. I want to ff through the **** to get to the next shift..:laugh:

Carter was god tonight. Other than that not much going. Even Kopitar, Doughty, Toffoli had so so games.

Anyway Kings should be getting Gaborik back sometime which solidifies them.

Kopitar surprised me how flat he was to start the 3rd. Had some horrendous shifts which is atypical.

Oh well, they're all human. Although the Kings do look like a machine at times. Love the way they play hockey when they're going.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Anybody else nervous that Duncan Keiths suspension hearing is taking place on April 1st?

Nice, NHL, I can mock this travesty even before the ruling.

Would be surprised if they balled up and actually gave something befitting this players history and the blatant infractions he's had and that this was.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I have extreme doubt that the league has the balls to suspend one of the star players of its flagship franchise for any playoff games.

Maybe just one so that they can keep trying to pretend there isn't a double standard.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Keith suspension is a complete joke. Speculation was that 5 games would look too curious as it would actually be giving the Hawks and Keith a favor by getting him a rest and fresh for playoffs. The 6 games being a token amount to include 1 playoff game, lol, just to try to temper people saying this is actually a benefit to Keith.

Should've been 10 Games and Keith out for essentially first round.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Keith suspension is a complete joke. Speculation was that 5 games would look too curious as it would actually be giving the Hawks and Keith a favor by getting him a rest and fresh for playoffs. The 6 games being a token amount to include 1 playoff game, lol, just to try to temper people saying this is actually a benefit to Keith.

Should've been 10 Games and Keith out for essentially first round.

It's funny. Because the video and statements by the NHL is bang on calling it a violent stick swing at a guys face and retaliation against a player that put him to the ice.

Then they go and completely drop the ****ing ball and give it about 4 games less than it should have been.

At least they called it what it was. Now they just have an issue where people clearly know they have no idea what that type of intent to injure is worth. That or they were dumb enough to think if what they said about it sounded bad enough and he got at least one playoff game that people wouldn't notice how wrong the total number truly is.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
It's funny. Because the video and statements by the NHL is bang on calling it a violent stick swing at a guys face and retaliation against a player that put him to the ice.

Then they go and completely drop the ****ing ball and give it about 4 games less than it should have been.

At least they called it what it was. Now they just have an issue where people clearly know they have no idea what that type of intent to injure is worth. That or they were dumb enough to think if what they said about it sounded bad enough and he got at least one playoff game that people wouldn't notice how wrong the total number truly is.

I can't believe this when you look at Mscorleys suspension. What I don't get Chris Simon kicked a player got 30 games that was the leg - so head first (Mcsorley) then shins (Simon) and somehow eyes both times with Keith 6 games and what was the first suspension - what a joke of a league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad