Speculation: Armchair GM - 2023 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
As I stated earlier you can not gamble on Elvis bouncing back and need some insurance. Also you need a veteran top 6 center for short term if you can get it.
You can gamble on him bouncing back because we are paying him a lot of money and the expectation this year is not to win a Stanley Cup but to simply become competitive again to build towards winning a cup.

Of course, Twitter is down on the day of free agency opening.

Elon hates the NHL (e5)
Its up for me?

P.S. I hate Elon.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
You can gamble on him bouncing back because we are paying him a lot of money and the expectation this year is not to win a Stanley Cup but to simply become competitive again to build towards winning a cup.

Its up for me?

P.S. I hate Elon.
I’m getting “rate limit exceeded” on every refresh

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
I’m getting “rate limit exceeded” on every refresh
I'm getting the same.

I'm still all aboard the top 6 vet C train. A little piece of me dies every-time I read throwing Fantilli in a top 6 role from the start.

As good as this kid is going to be it's still going to take time and there will be a wall he hits mid-season. That is REALLY when you need the vets to show the way. Not in prospect camp or training camp or the start of the season when the adrenaline is still pumping. Learn from Brule and Sillinger! Shelter!

I'm still big on LIndholm but I'm leaning towards them going hard after ROR to start and go from there. Although they obviously have to ship out some bodies -- I expect Roslovic to be moved for pennies on the dollar to one of these cap-rich squads who strike out early on their A/B targets if/when they land their guy.

Reactions: DJA

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Porty says we're going to be quiet today, even on the trade front, but we MIGHT dip into the goalie market for an experienced 3rd guy (Mentioned Alex Nedeljkovic as a possibility)

Reactions: CBJx614

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Porty says we're going to be quiet today, even on the trade front, but we MIGHT dip into the goalie market for an experienced 3rd guy (Mentioned Alex Nedeljkovic as a possibility)

I hope that last part is wrong. We need better goalie help than that.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Also just FYI, we are going to start fresh with a new thread for the FA frenzy period (July-onward). Should go up in a couple of hours unless someone starts it sooner.

Reactions: CBJx614

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Between Hedger's and Portzline's takes this off-season it's clear they have no inside connections and the blind are better at reading the tea leaves.

I expect some action on the UFA and trade front over the next couple of days. I think they'll get Babcock a vet top 6 C he can lean on. A depth goalie. And some non-core players will be shipped out.

Reactions: DJA and GoJackets1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad