Confirmed Trade: [ARI/LAK] Sean Durzi to the Coyotes for MTL's 2nd round pick in the 2024 draft

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
well, this is going to be awkward if he travels with Arizona at the start of the pre season to Australia as the Coyotes spend all weekend in Melbourne with the LA Kings

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
As a Kings fan I'm thankful the Durzi experiment is over because the coaching staff couldn't help but overplay him. He's a 3rd pairing guy at best who can play the PP. He was too often a maddening liability out there, especially when he was asked to play a role he didn't have the skill set or hockey IQ to play successfully. Not a bad move at all by the Yotes but very happy to get a 2nd back as a Kings fan.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
For curiosity sake to Kings fans... Would you have done Colorardo's 2023 1st(So pick #27) for Durzi + LA's 2nd if that deal was on the table here as well?

Feels like that would have been about the same value IMO. That would have also put Durzi's value at a fairly early 2nd since in theory trading say #27 for #35 + #54

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe give it a couple more years first. You sound really stupid
Like all prospects. For instance maybe Mesar will become the next superstar for the Habs too but the chances are very slim and it's getting obvious that the Habs should have selected Kulich.

Reactions: Kaizen

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Durzi will Montour in two years.
Montour is a much better skater. Durzis footspeed is pretty slow especially for a smaller guy. Its weird because hes both mobile and slow at the same time. He can shake defenders with a toe drag at the point. But if it gets stolen he aint getting back. He gets burned wide constantly and cant pivot quickly.
His decision making is a huge issue.
Hes more like the Weegar in the playoffs that was passing pucks in front of his own net to lose a series than Montour this year.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
For curiosity sake to Kings fans... Would you have done Colorardo's 2023 1st(So pick #27) for Durzi + LA's 2nd if that deal was on the table here as well?

Feels like that would have been about the same value IMO. That would have also put Durzi's value at a fairly early 2nd since in theory trading say #27 for #35 + #54

It’s certainly reasonable. I proposed a few ‘Durzi + our second rounder’ earlier in the year.

I suppose Blake feels the Montreal pic next year will be 35-40 range. That’s pretty high.

This must have been the best deal Blake could have gotten at the time.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It’s certainly reasonable. I proposed a few ‘Durzi + our second rounder’ earlier in the year.

I suppose Blake feels the Montreal pic next year will be 35-40 range. That’s pretty high.

This must have been the best deal Blake could have gotten at the time.

Yeah... I doubt the Avs would have realistically made such a trade.

But at least IMO Durzi would have been an excellent 3rd pairing LD for us next year and getting him in such a trade as this one would have then freed us up to move Girard for forward help and save $3.3M on our 3LD position, while still hanging onto a Top 64 pick in the draft in the meantime.

But oh well, solid trade for both teams IMO.

Reactions: Mattias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad