Confirmed Trade: [ARI/LAK] Sean Durzi to the Coyotes for MTL's 2nd round pick in the 2024 draft

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Yes, he's an offensive D, that's what they do; they score points, and their defense is usually left to be desired

Durzi is a Joe Corvo / MA Bergeron type, and there's nothing wrong with that

He should score 40-50pts in ARZ while committing a blunder here and there every game or so
True but it were a lot of blunders.

Jack Johnson vibes. He was somewhat “always“ on the ice when a goal against was scored.

Pretty solid passer and good human being.

Reactions: KingsOfThe805

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
IMO the Yotes paid too much

Classic case of an offensive dman who is detrimental to team because his D is atrocious.

I am sure some nonsense analytics will be pulled up to say "No he is actually great" or some nonsense to defend him

He is as bad as Gus from what I have seen
Well it would be hard to replicate the Ghost trade, they paid us to take him..

besides we have an abundance 2nd and 3rd round picks..I am jus glad it was 2024 not a 2023 pick

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
And then the kings thought it would be a good idea to bring him back next year and do it all over again. Always liked his character but dumb as an ice cube.
I like how you pick one clip with him up against the best player in the world. McDavid has made many players better that Durzi look like idiots.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I like how you pick one clip with him up against the best player in the world. McDavid has made many players better that Durzi look like idiots.
I didn't pick the clip, I replied to it. Durzi completely stopped playing, so actually Durzi made Durzi look like an idiot. As a 35+ year Kings fan, I saw basically every game he played. I assure you that was far from his lone bozo moment.

Reactions: Osprey

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Wasn’t he the second coming of Bobby Orr? At least Sandin got us a first. Just funny how quickly the fickle fans change their tune. A year ago this guy was untouchable.
Lol what ? Untouchable? Now you're just blatantly lying. Leaves fans so sensitive

Reactions: Reaper45

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Lol what ? Untouchable? Now you're just blatantly lying. Leaves fans so sensitive
Yeah, that's some pretty strong BS.

The best thing about Durzi is his courage. He really honestly wants to be a difference maker and would be a decent third pairing defender if it weren't for needing room for two better players in Spence and Clarke.

But untouchable? That's nonsense. I have been reasonably supportive of him, but he commits so many mistakes that just aren't acceptable at this level. His coverages are just so poor. Late on reads, too slow for his size, but competes as hard as he can.

Getting a 2nd round pick in exchange for an open slot for a better player with some small cap relief is a goid deal for the Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad